Question looking for passive speakers for rock and hard rock music between 500€ and 1000€

Drugo

Jan 14, 2024
Visit site
Hi
i'm looking for passive 2 ways speakers for rock music and hard rock , about metal i listen only the first 5 metallica albums and iron maiden
I like marantz / denon and and after yamaha amps , i use mostly a dac & foobar2000 but sometime cd player
about speakers I like a lot Totem , Mordaunt-Short and Tannoy but they are very pricly
I'm looking passive 2 ways speakers ,or even 3 ways between 500€ and 1000€ , under 1000€ for a relative small room (5 meters x 5 meters) and I don't play music too loud
thanks

Reactions: Revolutions

Revolutions

Aug 6, 2023
Visit site
I listen to lots of heavy rock, metal & hardcore, and I like the balance I get from my Monitor Audio silver 500. Lots of detail, good treble but not overly aggressive, and the just the right amount of bottom end. They're pretty reserved though, so might not be your cup of tea. Also, not sure what the distribution is like in Europe.

If you want all out balls the wall, I'm sure some B&Ws would sound pretty great. Alternatively, I really like Focal aria. They've been discontinued so prices have dropped massively - 906 bookshelf, or 926 for floorstanders are worth listening to. If the Aria are too much, the Vestia line are pretty darn good too.

A left-field suggestion as you're in Europe & they might be slightly cheaper: Elac Vela. Not for everyone, but if they're for you, they're stunning. I fell in love with the 408 floorstanders, worked really well for technical heavy music where the mix is really busy. I've been told the 403 bookshelf speakers are equally impressive & possibly in your price bracket if you find a great deal. You'd need a powerful amp to drive them.

#Matt'sOpinions

Revolutions

Aug 6, 2023
Visit site
🤤🤤🤤🤤

klipsch-heresyiv.jpg

Hi
i'm looking for passive 2 ways speakers for rock music and hard rock , about metal i listen only the first 5 metallica albums and iron maiden
I like marantz / denon and and after yamaha amps , i use mostly a dac & foobar2000 but sometime cd player
about speakers I like a lot Totem , Mordaunt-Short and Tannoy but they are very pricly
I'm looking passive 2 ways speakers ,or even 3 ways between 500€ and 1000€ , under 1000€ for a relative small room (5 meters x 5 meters) and I don't play music too loud
thanks
Monitor Audio Bronze or Silver.

You can pick up Totem Arros second hand very cheap, usually around £400-600.

Fandango Andy

JBL :52 Classic should fit the bill, but you have to be careful with pairing. Monitor Audio Silver is going to be easier to pair and also great.

I haven't heard the B&W 607 S3, but by reputation they are great, and about right for your room size.

If you get a chance to listen to some speakers, and like Metallica, S&M is the perfect album for auditioning. Really well recorded, great soundstage and musically there is so much going on.

TRENDING THREADS