Yamaha A-S501 negative reviews?

Dr. Delban

Feb 7, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys,

I am considering to buy Yamaha A-S501 integrated amplifier. I have read a ton of positive reviews and comments about this amp. I am struggling to find any other negative comments that about its weight (which is a positive in fact).

Is there anybody on here who uses this amp or has tested it?

I would like to hear something negative about it.

Dr. Delban

Feb 7, 2015
Visit site
I'm guessing you were satisfied with it?
The only difference I can see between these two is the DAC which I am looking forward to try out.

So far this is the amp that fits all my needs, sits in my budget range and has very good reviews.
Did you have any issues with the A-S500 ? Are the plastic knobs replaceable?

TrevC

Dr. Delban said:
I'm guessing you were satisfied with it?The only difference I can see between these two is the DAC which I am looking forward to try out.

So far this is the amp that fits all my needs, sits in my budget range and has very good reviews.Did you have any issues with the A-S500 ? Are the plastic knobs replaceable?

It was fine. Why would you need replacement knobs?

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
A-S500/A-S501 will do just fine with easy to drive speakers. The power supply is built down to a price and will not cope well with watt suckers like B&W, ATC, ProAc etc. What speakers will you be pairing with the A-S501?

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Vladimir said:
A-S500/A-S501 will do just fine with easy to drive speakers. The power supply is built down to a price and will not cope well with watt suckers like B&W, ATC, ProAc etc. What speakers will you be pairing with the A-S501?

Over to you Trev...........*shok*

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
No, no, no, no... I changed my mind. It's brilliant, you can power Canada from it.

coat_48.png

Dr. Delban

Feb 7, 2015
Visit site
I am going to use it with:
a pair of Monitor Audio BX2

a pair of B&W DM110i

B&W ASW 608 Woofer

In future I am planning to swap the DM110i's for a pair of different speakers, possibly a pair of Opera 1.5 which my friend has for sale.

TrevC

davedotco said:
Vladimir said:

Over to you Trev...........*shok*

LOL. It'll be fine. Vlad just likes impaling things.

Um

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Vladimir said:

Thats an interesting point of view.

Um

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Honestly I'm trying to think of something negative about this amp. Nothing niggles me about the design. it's heavy, but that's all good. Oodles of power. The addition of digital inputs is great. Neat remote.

cool amp.

Dr. Delban

Feb 7, 2015
Visit site
I have booked a demo session for Friday afternoon at local R.S. store. They will pair it with MA BX2's for me and Marantz 6005 CD player.

I'm taking a bunch of CDs with me, each from a different music genre.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts