Question Centre speaker problem.

Cliff#1039

Sep 22, 2021
Visit site
My Linn centre speaker has blown.Until i decide on a replacement i'm going to use a Mordaunt Short 905i,i found tucked away in a cupboard.There are 4 connections on the back,2 negative & 2 positive.For some reason i can't remember i must have thought about bi wiring it.I have the 2 negs joined with a small piece of speaker cable & the 2 positives ,the same.I only have negative & positive cable from the amp & have no intention of bi wiring anything,I can't remember how this works,so do i leave the connectors on the back of the MS speaker connected with the bits of cable or do i remove the bits of cable & just connect the cable from the amp to 1 of the negatives 1 of the positives on the MS.

Yes, the woofer and tweeter each have their own terminals, so by one means or another connect both + and both - to your speaker cables.

Depending on the model/age you might find a Linn dealer with the links in a drawer somewhere. Cymbiosis (Peter Swain, owner) or Peter Tyson (ask for Nigel Moore) are probably the top two dealers now. Worth a try?

Cliff#1039

Sep 22, 2021
Visit site
Yes, the woofer and tweeter each have their own terminals, so by one means or another connect both + and both - to your speaker cables.

Depending on the model/age you might find a Linn dealer with the links in a drawer somewhere. Cymbiosis (Peter Swain, owner) or Peter Tyson (ask for Nigel Moore) are probably the top two dealers now. Worth a try?
thanks for your response but i don't follow what you are saying.I'm using the Mordaunt short centre as a short term fix,,it didn't come with connection plates as i remember it,i connected with the bits of cable.

With ref to the Linn centre that did have ,still has the link plates but as i said it has given up the ghost,i was getting a message in the amp that it was shutting down due to speaker protection & it turned out to be the Linn c entre,,so i disconnected it & changed the settings to,no centre speaker & everything was ok except i didn't have a centre until i dug out the old MS centre..I'll try Peter Tyson to see if they possibly have a reasonably priced linn centre,i think i actually bought the Linns from them.

Reactions: nopiano
thanks for your response but i don't follow what you are saying.I'm using the Mordaunt short centre as a short term fix,,it didn't come with connection plates as i remember it,i connected with the bits of cable.

With ref to the Linn centre that did have ,still has the link plates but as i said it has given up the ghost,i was getting a message in the amp that it was shutting down due to speaker protection & it turned out to be the Linn c entre,,so i disconnected it & changed the settings to,no centre speaker & everything was ok except i didn't have a centre until i dug out the old MS centre..I'll try Peter Tyson to see if they possibly have a reasonably priced linn centre,i think i actually bought the Linns from them.
Apologies, I was getting muddled, and thought it was the Linn you needed the linking plates for. Must be my age!

Cliff#1039

Sep 22, 2021
Visit site
And for your information, not that it's any of your business, I am having quite a good day thanks.
If you always try to be helpful why the barbed comment "your confused" your next couple of lines were sufficent to let me know that i'd posted possibly in the wrong place.As it happened the question i asked was regarding a connection
i'd made on the back of an old speaker,

it wasn't connected to the workings of home theatre or hi fi.

If it hadn't been for the "your confused" comment i assure you ,i wouldn't have responded at all.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts