Yam.763 or Onkyo 606

Cliff1

Nov 2, 2008
Visit site
My current TV & amp do not have HDMI connections so i'm i'm trying to convince myself that i should upgrade.I've been reading the posts on here & would be interested in your views on the 763 & the 606.

I've seen the Onkyo at £349 & the Yamaha at £299. Are the extras you get with the Onkyo worth the extra £50.

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
That will depend on your future upgrades.

If your not needing any 'upscaling' facilities, and only what 2 HDMI inputs (For all new products including games consoles, dvd player/recorders/blu ray etc), then the yamaha would be fine.

If you want upscaling (to 1080i only), and 4 HDMI inputs, but do not need multi-channel analogue inputs, then maybe the Onkyo would be a better option.

If your using it for stereo playback, then the yamaha sounds like it would be better too.

Personally I have the 606, but bought it before all the other top quality products were released. Just watched a blu ray disc, and have reminded myself why I love the 606 so much!!

It is partnered with the Q Acoustics 1010i 5.1 package, which are meant to be a match 'made in heaven'!!!

Hope that helps......

Cliff1

Nov 2, 2008
Visit site
Thanks Pete

I'm now thinking it will be worth the £50 to get the extra HDMI inputs & upscaling,think your speakers might be more than i want to pay but will take a look.

Thanks.

avnut

Oct 14, 2008
Visit site
dont want to throw a spanner in or anything but you can get the yam for £283. try this; http://www.digitaldirect.co.uk/yamaha/dsp-ax763.html

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts