Would a non upscaling high end dvd player beat my Denon 1940?

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
The Arcam FMJ DVD27A was a reference player a few years back. No hdmi and no upscaling but would it be better than my Denon DVD1940? I plan to get a receiver with upscaling capabilities that will upconvert component to hdmi also. However, I'm interested in how it will compare on it's own merits beforehand. Connection will be component and coaxial for sound.

A

Anonymous

This will kick the denons ass especially if you are using it with your 40w2000 as that tv has good upscaling anyway. The arcam will sound incredible. Dont bother wiring it through your amp just buy a decent component cable and connect straight to your TV, with the coax to your amp. Also consider using the player's multichannel outputs.

Can I ask how much you've seen it for?

Regards Lewis.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Lewis P:This will kick the denons ass especially if you are using it with your 40w2000 as that tv has good upscaling anyway. The arcam will sound incredible. Dont bother wiring it through your amp just buy a decent component cable and connect straight to your TV, with the coax to your amp. Also consider using the player's multichannel outputs.

Regards Lewis.

Thanks for that Lewis. I thought as much. Once I've changed my receiver I plan to connect it through it as I have all my cables already chased into the wall of my lounge - I don't want a component cable hanging out to spoil the look.

Just south of £400!

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Lewis P:This will kick the denons ass especially if you are using it with your 40w2000 as that tv has good upscaling anyway. The arcam will sound incredible. Dont bother wiring it through your amp just buy a decent component cable and connect straight to your TV, with the coax to your amp. Also consider using the player's multichannel outputs.

Regards Lewis.

Anyone else?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts