Will probably not be shopping at John Lewis again!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Mike Hunt

Jan 22, 2020
Visit site
Me too. They should’ve given me my money back they are just becoming seriously tight and that’s why I will not shop there any more.
It's an unfortunate fact but they're within their rights to offer store credit if you returned the item because you changed your mind. I think this even applies to unused/unopened items.
Your best bet is connect it to a Megger, and return it as foooked :D

D

Deleted member 108165

Gel, keep the plasma. I have one of the last Panasonic plasmas VT65 series. Would not dream of paying money for another TV until it dies.

My experience in John Lewis have been progressively worse by the year till the point I dont bother any more. Debenhams filing for administration today maybe this will wake retailers up
I've got the previous years GT version of your TV Insider, my feelings are exactly the same. I haven't seen anything yet which convinces me to change, love the 3D aspect too, shame they stopped making the discs.

Reactions: insider9
D

Deleted member 2457

I've got the previous years GT version of your TV Insider, my feelings are exactly the same. I haven't seen anything yet which convinces me to change, love the 3D aspect too, shame they stopped making the discs.
I have still got videos of my GT50 and VT65 which I have been watching this last week thinking how good they look too. I am thinking on some of the videos they are the best pictures I have seen to this day!

D

Deleted member 108165

Through all of this LCD, LED, QLED, OLED, etc. technologies, plasma still had a lot going for it. Just on the expensive side when it came to electricity consumption :)

Reactions: davidf
They haven't stopped making 3D discs yet. I only buy 3D discs now, in fact only today I pre-ordered Star Wars in 3D from Amazon. My previous purchase was Abominable in 3D (ordered from Amazon Spain because the UK didn't get a 3D release).

D

Deleted member 108165

They haven't stopped making 3D discs yet. I only buy 3D discs now, in fact only today I pre-ordered Star Wars in 3D from Amazon. My previous purchase was Abominable in 3D (ordered from Amazon Spain because the UK didn't get a 3D release).
That's interesting to know, cheers BB (y)

Gray

No more than £10 per year in extra energy consumption. I can live with that, while enjoying my Panasonic VT65 (bought from gel in 2014). ;)
A tenner a year? You'll be lucky bigboss, when compared to the latest LED?
According to Panasonic specs , VT65 average on mode is 200W and 'rated' consumption is 455W.
Depends how long you watch per year but, I'm due to do an energy comparison before the end of this month......sounds like I need whoever supplies you :giggle:

A tenner a year? You'll be lucky bigboss, when compared to the latest LED?
According to Panasonic specs , VT65 average on mode is 200W and 'rated' consumption is 455W.
Depends how long you watch per year but, I'm due to do an energy comparison before the end of this month......sounds like I need whoever supplies you :giggle:
You need to factor in the price of the LED TV to make a decent comparison. ;)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts