Why is my Sky+HD doing this?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I've just got Sky+HD installed yesterday and I'm very happy with it, except one very annoying thing...... On certain HD channels, (Sky 1 and some others) the picture goes to 4:3 when certain programmes are on. With Sky 1, it's fine and wide until The Simpsons starts, then it goes straight to 4:3 and the picture looks terrible - a bit blurred, or almost like there are 2 images. I have all the settings on 16:9 on the Sky box and my TV and I've also tried swapping the HDMI cables from cheap to expensive to see if there were any 'features' the cheap one couldn't handle but to no avail. Please help!

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Not all programmes are broadcast in widescreen, or indeed in HD- for example, the Simpsons until very recently is 4:3 format and standard-def, with some of the earlier series looking very poor quality (latest series is widescreen HD, just like the Simpsons Movie).

A

Anonymous

Ive noticed this too and come to the conclusion that its something we have to live with.

Its a tad annoying having a widescreen tv and having to watch some sky progs with a big black border either side.

A

Anonymous

Hi. Don't have this problem with my HD box. If you go into system set up and then picture settings on your Sky. Let me know what all your settings are and will be happy to see if they are set to same position as mine.

TRENDING THREADS