Why is buying a new tv so hard? Too many choices

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am buying a new TV fir the first time in 6 years, I'm repaving my 40inch Sony Bravia which was bought on an uneducated punt years ago, it's not great but it's served it's purpose.

So time for the new TV purchase, I have a budget around 1500 quid, I could spend more but I'd like to spend less if possible. The sizes I'm looking at are around 46-50 inch and I'd like 3d functionality. I have done what all noobs do and walked around currys and got excited by the one with the most colourful picture and the loudest speakers but realized homework is the way forward before I jump in and put a dent in the credit card.

After some homework I have narrowed my list down to a few possible candidates based on what I've seen on here and around the web and they are:

Samsung ue46c8000 which I can get for 1300 quid
LG 50px990 which I've never seein action but is nicely priced and 50 inches but would feel like I'm buying it blind
Samsung ue46d8000 which I seen in this months what hifi and liked the look of and it represents the best option for future proofing

The thing is, there is probably tons of tvs I don't know about, these are just the 3 that have stood out so far. I love the look of the new samsung but at 1800 quid it's above what I'd like to spend but I'd go that extra mile if it really was a significant upgrade on anything else, which brings me too my final question of what should I really go for here? Is there aching I should wait for or something else I should look at? What I really want is a tv that looks amazing at hi def and is also good at the 3d stuff too, SD perfection isnt so important to me....any help would be great.

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Given your budget, it's probably sensible to hang on for the 2011 models. You should have no problem finding one within your price range; and as you're keen on 3D functionality, manufacturers claim this year's sets will perform much better with 3D content (faster responding panels, less crosstalk, more accurate colour, etc.)

Buying a television is something of a minefield these days. Even in-store auditions don't provide an accurate indication of how a set will perform once you get it home. Added to that, it seems whatever you opt for it's possible to find horror stories from owners if you scour the net.

Repaving your television is a bad idea and will almost certainly do it no good (apologies, I couldn't resist).

A

Anonymous

Lol repaving that's my annoying iPad with a mind of its own again, was supposed to say replacing ;)

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Yep, the horrors of predictive text. You're not the first to fall foul of technology thinking it understands the English language better than we humans.

Best of luck with your search, though I think it's worthwhile hanging on. Who knows, if none of the 2011 models take your fancy, you may well be able to track down a high-end 2010 range 3D TV for a bargain price a few months down the line...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts