Why did you kept or returned your EB (1 or 2) speaker?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, this is a legal way to hijack the tread: http://www.whathifi.com/forum/hi-fi/eb-acoustics-eb2s-are-they-all-hype-and-no-trousers

;)

Base on your experience, why would you keep or return EB speakers?

What was the equipements and music for your listening session?

Thanks!

mrox said:
Hi, this is a legal way to hijack the tread: http://www.whathifi.com/forum/hi-fi/eb-acoustics-eb2s-are-they-all-hype-and-no-trousers

;)

Base on your experience, why would you keep or return EB speakers?

What was the equipements and music for your listening session?

Thanks!

Are they any good? is what you're asking, right? Well, a product doesn't win 5 stars and high praise for being a slouch. Now, whether it'll fit into your set-up and/or room acoustics is another question altogether.

A

Anonymous

Actually my first thought was to ask "Why did you send back your EB" so I could learn from different point of views, not only good reviews by professional reviewer.

But while typing I realised that it could be unfair for the EB company's reputation to create a topic only focus on "bad" experience. So I decided to make the call for both "good" and "bad" experiences.

I found very instructive to hear from people who, maybe like me, doesn't have the perfect amp in the perfect room with perfect cables to listen with perfect golden hears. :)

Unfortunately I've never heard them, but I understand they are the work of one-time-reviewer and speaker designer Peter Comeau. Because of that I would expect them to be very good or better.

There are very few times I would assume anything about a product in this way, but I would make an exception here.

Interested if anyone replies, or if they are all enjoying the music!

You'll have to have very deep pockets to attain a perfect kit...
smiley-wink.gif

My point was even the best, all award winning, gear can sound pants if poorly matched and/or crumby room acoustics. Hence why EB give a 28 day returns guarantee.

Our main advice is to listen yourself and judge its merits.

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I own a pair that I am sending back. Sorry Richard. I tried again but am not getting on with them.

I have to say that hey are a stunningly good speaker but they just don't suit my kit, (all Cyrus), which is a real shame. They are so good in fact that I considered ditching my entire system and rebuilding from the bottom up around the EB2's with Naim stuff. This would however result in divorce proceedings.

You know those moments, rare as they are, when the spine actually tingles listening to music in your living room? Well the EB's can do that...... A lot.

Problem is with the Cyrus kit to partner they were sounding very weak in the lower frequencies. As I said, a real shame.

Discount them at your peril. With the right partnering I reckon you would have to pay £2k up for that kind of insight.

A

Anonymous

My experience is very very good. I enjoy the EB1 and then connected to a Marantz PM + CD 6003, and an XDA + Emotive 6XP Cyrus. Undoubtedly, Marantz sound better, with a sound much more exciting but less realistic. I ordered some EB2. When I receive them, I will associate with Cyrus. If the sound seems to me boring, I'll try to get a second hand Naim.

Richard Allen

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
nopiano said:
Unfortunately I've never heard them, but I understand they are the work of one-time-reviewer and speaker designer Peter Comeau. Because of that I would expect them to be very good or better.

Just to put you on the straight and narrow guys, neither of them were the work of Peter Comeau, EB2 especially. Peter fine tuned the EB1 crossover in the early days before he shoved off to join IAG. Not being pedantic like, but EB is my work.

Returns for EB1 are roughly 1 in 15 pairs despatched. With EB2 it is 1 in 22 but that's what it is all about. Everyone's hearing, room and musical styles are different.

Right!!. Now I'll leave you in peace lol :grin: :

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the feedback, information and, clarification.

If I could just get a call back for that second hand UnitiQute that I saw this morning... :pray:

I would manage to hear these EB sooner that I thought!!! :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts