Which TV should I buy the Panasonic OLED or the LG 65E6V OLED?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
D

Deleted member 2457

nugget2014 said:
Gel has 2 options. Keep swapping tvs and possibly losing money until he is bankrupt and then wish he didnt and regret what he done all his life or stick with this one tv no matter how hard it is.
Yep, definitely sticking with this one!

D

Deleted member 2457

Check out this video on HDR and blu Ray during daylight, this guy has it on vivid setting!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5K2WF4SDonw

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
when you say faulty, do you really mean the tv had issues known to its type worse than normal? such as some tv's have bad clouding and others not so much as it depends on the luck of the panel. if so, it's not a "fault" just unsolvable issues with the technology. someone did an article about it on avforums

so you really had 5 tv's that werent up to your standards? instead of 5 faulty tv's.

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
nugget2014 said:
when you say faulty, do you really mean the tv had issues known to its type worse than normal? such as some tv's have bad clouding and others not so much as it depends on the luck of the panel. if so, it's not a "fault" just unsolvable issues with the technology. someone did an article about it on avforums

so you really had 5 tv's that werent up to your standards? instead of 5 faulty tv's.

This is Mr Withers's article, which will take at least 20 minutes to read carefully (as opposed to skimming through), so I'm not sure that everyone will bother.

https://www.avforums.com/article/is-my-tv-broken-the-limitations-of-technology.12030

D

Deleted member 2457

nugget2014 said:

Mainly buzzing and screen burn. And the 50hz problem.

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
It's been simple for me. Kuro for 5 years....only sold it because the buyer of my house insisted on buying it. Panasonic 50VT65 since then, and for at least another 3-4 years.
That's what I want to do now.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
You did get a bit of buzz from the 5090 but nothing couldn't live with like 65vt65 fan noise was bad when new to keep the set cooled during its run in cycle. Didn't notice it after a few months.

Neither were worth moving on for those things.

No denying your TVs have got better Gel even you must see the amount you have gone through is pretty extreme.

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
bigboss said:
It's been simple for me. Kuro for 5 years....only sold it because the buyer of my house insisted on buying it. Panasonic 50VT65 since then, and for at least another 3-4 years.

Almost as simple for me also.

Pioneer 428XD in about July 2008 - faultless, still have it, though officially retired.

Pioneer LX5090 in September 2009 - faultless, now in my bedroom.

LG 60PZ950T in December 2011 - I initially rejected it because of its mediocre black levels, but bought it back eight months later at a discount after negotiating with Currys. Now that I've accepted that LG plasmas have poor black levels I love it dearly, it's now in the front bedroom.

Samsung PS64D8000 in March 2012 - faultless. It was in the boss location in the parlour until I gave ti to my dear friend Ann in December 2014.

Panasonic TX-P65VT65 in January 2015 - faultless, now in the kitchen.

Sony KDL-75W855 in February 2016 - faultless.

Perhaps I've just been lucky. Some people keep being very unlucky with their faulty television purchases ...

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
ellisdj said:
You did get a bit of buzz from the 5090 but nothing couldn't live with like 65vt65 fan noise was bad when new to keep the set cooled during its run in cycle. Didn't notice it after a few months.

Unless I put my ear within six inches of the back panel, I've never noticed buzzing or fan noise from any of my televisions. The LG plasma will show some (temporary) image retention if you leave a static image (though not the black bars of a 21:9 aspect ratio film, which causes no problems) for more than about 30 minutes, but then - I don't feed it static images!

D

Deleted member 2457

ellisdj said:

No denying your TVs have got better Gel even you must see the amount you have gone through is pretty extreme.
Yep, but I don't see it as a problem though, when and now I do have a problem was buying the Panasonic OLED without a demo and paying so much, and now with the LG buying it when it's brand new I always buy TVs when they are on clearance. I have nearly lost half my savings now, so it must stop. I will keep the LG though.

D

Deleted member 2457

Son_of_SJ said:
bigboss said:

Almost as simple for me also.

Pioneer 428XD in about July 2008 - faultless, still have it, though officially retired.

Pioneer LX5090 in September 2009 - faultless, now in my bedroom.

LG 60PZ950T in December 2011 - I initially rejected it because of its mediocre black levels, but bought it back eight months later at a discount after negotiating with Currys. Now that I've accepted that LG plasmas have poor black levels I love it dearly, it's now in the front bedroom.

Samsung PS64D8000 in March 2012 - faultless. It was in the boss location in the parlour until I gave ti to my dear friend Ann in December 2014.

Panasonic TX-P65VT65 in January 2015 - faultless, now in the kitchen.

Sony KDL-75W855 in February 2016 - faultless.

Perhaps I've just been lucky. Some people keep being very unlucky with their faulty television purchases ...
You've bought very good TVs though.

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
gel said:
nugget2014 said:

Mainly buzzing and screen burn. And the 50hz problem.

screen burn isnt a fault. you can't evade it with plasma tv's...

nugget2014 said:
gel said:
nugget2014 said:

Mainly buzzing and screen burn.  And the 50hz problem.  

screen burn isnt a fault. you can't evade it with plasma tv's...
Screen burn is, image retention isn't.

Series1boy

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Had the 46pz85b Panasonic plasma for 6 years and moved this into our bedroom on the wall, and then upgraded to the VT and had this for 3 years in october and will have this TV for another 3 years or so. Had the fans replaced and insulation to dampen the fan noise on the VT all under warranty and I can't hear a thing. The 46pz has noisy fans, but nothing too much.

im even getting Vincent Teoh back into calibrate 3D on my VT because I only had 2d calibrated.

Ive had no issues with screen burn or IR on both plasmas and we have all the Disney channels with logos, no issues at all.

D

Deleted member 2457

Series1boy said:
Had the 46pz85b Panasonic plasma for 6 years and moved this into our bedroom on the wall, and then upgraded to the VT and had this for 3 years in october and will have this TV for another 3 years or so. Had the fans replaced and insulation to dampen the fan noise on the VT all under warranty and I can't hear a thing. The 46pz has noisy fans, but nothing too much.

im even getting Vincent Teoh back into calibrate 3D on my VT because I only had 2d calibrated.

Ive had no issues with screen burn or IR on both plasmas and we have all the Disney channels with logos, no issues at all.
Ah, nice one. Who did you have the calibration with which you didn't like again? Cheers.

Series1boy

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
gel said:
Series1boy said:

Ah, nice one. Who did you have the calibration with which you didn't like again? Cheers.

im not going to say but if you look back a couple of years on my early posts, it's all in there. What I will say he works for another forum and it isn't Mr Withers. When Vincent came to do my tv after the first calibrator, he calibrated to gamma 2.4 and it had more pop. The other calibrator did it to gamma 2.2 and it was all washed out.

D

Deleted member 2457

Series1boy said:
gel said:
Series1boy said:

im not going to say but if you look back a couple of years on my early posts, it's all in there. What I will say he works for another forum and it isn't Mr Withers. When Vincent came to do my tv after the first calibrator, he calibrated to gamma 2.4 and it had more pop. The other calibrator did it to gamma 2.2 and it was all washed out.
Ah, okay. That explains your message. Got ya.
regular_smile.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

I have just pre-ordered The Revenant 4K Blu-Ray, think I will order Creed too. Oh yeah I ordered Chappie the other day too. What's the best UHD blu-rays to demo?

RodhasGibson

Oct 10, 2008
Visit site
Gel,I've Got Martian,Revenant,The Lego Movie and Sicario so far,picture and soundwise all are excellent..I might go for creed when I've seen the imdb trailer etc.Waiting for the next Bourne Movie out in August I think.

D

Deleted member 2457

RodhasGibson said:
Gel,I've Got Martian,Revenant,The Lego Movie and Sicario so far,picture and soundwise all are excellent..I might go for creed when I've seen the imdb trailer etc.Waiting for the next Bourne Movie out in August I think.
Cheers mate, that's great!

TRENDING THREADS