Which TV should I buy the Panasonic OLED or the LG 65E6V OLED?

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
ellisdj said:
Something decent - with some shadow detail - what other UHD you got?

BTW projectors will make you doo doo in your pants dude so dont be dissing 

Im sure it can be quite infuriating for every projector and high end tv owner seeing gel brag again saying time to upgrade etc move over projectors with the new "king"

But its your purchase feel free to brag and slate every other tv on the market i won't be mad I'm waiting for Samsung 2019 LEDs with 2000 nit peak brightness or higher!

Gel. The 2017 oleds will be better yet again and when that time comes i will say to all e6 owners move over theres a new king!

Btw we cant get the full effect of the detail from what youre watching on youtube videos where we dont pick up the hdr either. Plus fantastic four is a bad demo disc. Try the ones i mentioned and see what you think then..maybe you'll die of shock?

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Yes. Try reading about products gel before blindly buying stuff. The only 4k players are samsung and Panasonic. Youll be disappointed spending that to find out it cant play the discs..

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
nugget2014 said:
ellisdj said:

Im sure it can be quite infuriating for every projector and high end tv owner seeing gel brag again saying time to upgrade etc move over projectors with the new "king"

But its your purchase feel free to brag and slate every other tv on the market i won't be mad I'm waiting for Samsung 2019 LEDs with 2000 nit peak brightness or higher!

Gel. The 2017 oleds will be better yet again and when that time comes i will say to all e6 owners move over theres a new king!

Btw we cant get the full effect of the detail from what youre watching on youtube videos where we dont pick up the hdr either. Plus fantastic four is a bad demo disc. Try the ones i mentioned and see what you think then..maybe you'll die of shock?

I dont care about the bragging - I hope he is happy and stays happy for more than a week this time. No reason why not TV looks cracking

D

Deleted member 2457

ellisdj said:

No way! *biggrin*. Life of Pi, the Martian and the fantastic four what I have done. Which one would you like?

D

Deleted member 2457

buzz_lightclick said:
gel said:
buzz_lightclick said:
gel said:
buzz_lightclick said:
gel said:
Watching

https://youtu.be/S2P8QL0FSkg

the black level on the car in that clip looks great! Reminds me of my KRP!
Time to upgrade your Pioneer mate! Hey, when did you get a 91 Pioneer?

Only last week! It's great, it replaced a more modern but cheaper Pioneer blu ray player that I wasn't happy with. It's very big and heavy but so good to use.
Pioneer bdp-lx88 £699 on Sevenoaks which I am tempted!

that's the only other blu ray player I would buy now but £699 is too expensive for me. It's not native 4k though so you might be better off sticking with your Samsung player.
Yep.

D

Deleted member 2457

ellisdj said:
nugget2014 said:
ellisdj said:

I dont care about the bragging - I hope he is happy and stays happy for more than a week this time. No reason why not TV looks cracking
Cheers mate!

D

Deleted member 2457

nugget2014 said:
gel said:
https://youtu.be/OlX3M3LAbLI

only good thing about that video is seeing how good oled blacks are. compressed video didn't look great
You are hard to please.
regular_smile.gif

gel said:
buzz_lightclick said:
gel said:
buzz_lightclick said:
gel said:
Watching 

Time to upgrade your Pioneer mate!  Hey, when did you get a 91 Pioneer?  

Only last week! It's great, it replaced a more modern but cheaper Pioneer blu ray player that I wasn't happy with.  It's very big and heavy but so good to use.
Don't. Loads of playback issues when you check AV forums.

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
gel said:
buzz_lightclick said:
gel said:
buzz_lightclick said:
gel said:
Watching

Only last week! It's great, it replaced a more modern but cheaper Pioneer blu ray player that I wasn't happy with. It's very big and heavy but so good to use.
I love the Samsung now.
regular_smile.gif

nugget2014 said:
gel said:
ellisdj said:
I thought all OLED had 0 black level so I dont see how any are any different but maybe I am wrong?
This one goes even blacker than my Panasonic OLED for sure, check out my YouTube video, I will make some more too.  

LOL!!! Please. Gel try and research what oled technology is.. the pixels of oled are either on or off. It cant be any better. Im happy you like your tv but try not to be ignorant on the matter..everyone says blacks cant be better because they cant.
I do remember gel mentioning that blacks looked grey on his Panasonic OLED. I asked him to reset the TV to factory settings.

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
nugget2014 said:
gel said:
ellisdj said:
I thought all OLED had 0 black level so I dont see how any are any different but maybe I am wrong?
This one goes even blacker than my Panasonic OLED for sure, check out my YouTube video, I will make some more too.

LOL!!! Please. Gel try and research what oled technology is.. the pixels of oled are either on or off. It cant be any better. Im happy you like your tv but try not to be ignorant on the matter..everyone says blacks cant be better because they cant.
I do remember gel mentioning that blacks looked grey on his Panasonic OLED. I asked him to reset the TV to factory settings.
Yep, this is dark thick black compared to the Panasonic OLED. That's not saying the Panasonic is bad but just this is better and the HDR is better which makes the blacks even darker!

D

Deleted member 2457

No banding on football either. I got a good one. *biggrin*

buzz_lightclick

bigboss said:
gel said:
buzz_lightclick said:
gel said:
buzz_lightclick said:
gel said:
Watching

Dont think so? One user prefers the picture quality of the 88 to the Panasonic 4K player.

The only issue I can see is someone reporting audio dropouts playing HD files over a network which Gel wouldn't be doing.

But I agree that Gel should stick with his Samsung given he has gone down the 4K route!

D

Deleted member 2457

This Life of Pi is stunning! Wonderful bright colours. I will upload a video tomorrow. Just going to chill now. Cheers.

D

Deleted member 2457

buzz_lightclick said:
bigboss said:
gel said:
buzz_lightclick said:
gel said:
buzz_lightclick said:
gel said:
Watching

Dont think so? One user prefers the picture quality of the 88 to the Panasonic 4K player.

The only issue I can see is someone reporting audio dropouts playing HD files over a network which Gel wouldn't be doing.

But I agree that Gel should stick with his Samsung given he has gone down the 4K route!
Did you buy the Pioneer 91 of AV?

buzz_lightclick

gel said:
buzz_lightclick said:
bigboss said:
gel said:
buzz_lightclick said:
gel said:
buzz_lightclick said:
gel said:
Watching

No.

D

Deleted member 2457

buzz_lightclick said:
gel said:
buzz_lightclick said:
bigboss said:
gel said:
buzz_lightclick said:
gel said:
buzz_lightclick said:
gel said:
Watching

No.
Where from? Ta

buzz_lightclick

gel said:
buzz_lightclick said:
gel said:
buzz_lightclick said:
bigboss said:
gel said:
buzz_lightclick said:
gel said:
buzz_lightclick said:
gel said:
Watching

No.
Where from? Ta

Private sale from someone local to me.

D

Deleted member 2457

buzz_lightclick said:
gel said:
buzz_lightclick said:
gel said:
buzz_lightclick said:
bigboss said:
gel said:
buzz_lightclick said:
gel said:
buzz_lightclick said:
gel said:
Watching

No.
Where from? Ta

Private sale from someone local to me.
thumbs_up.gif

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
No he doesnt like it - he likes crushed blacks and crushed white which is a falsely dyanmic picture for some odd ball reason I dont quite understand.

For purposes of reality unless your buried underground in a box or in a truely good light controlled cinema room there is very rarely an occurance when all you can see is jet black nothing - not even in space would you see this I dont think. Especially not at a concert because they would have a million law suits for accidental injuries due to not being able to see what your doing and twsiting your ankle or worse.

So why you want to look at a picture thats mostly black abyss is beyond me - but Gel is beyond the rational thought of most men - meant in jest not insult.

To say the LG is better than the Panny based on these reasons is 100% wrong and the opposite is true - if the LG was calibrated it would look a lot like the Panny that it would take a side by side to tell them apart I persoanlly thinnk. That is how it is - but its what makes him happy then thats grand.

The LG I think goes brighter and has Dolby Vision for the future, big plus - I bet the Panny is still more accurate in the greyscale if they measured all of it - not just at 10% increments.

Both roughly the same price - both very similar I bet, at the end of the day the Panny is in LG OLED panel

TRENDING THREADS