Which TV should I buy the Panasonic OLED or the LG 65E6V OLED?

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
D

Deleted member 2457

buzz_lightclick said:
gel said:
https://youtu.be/yeiKzJfraFg

Life of Pi on HDR.

Very impressive!

Hope you keep this TV for at least a year!

Still think it needs to go where your mirror is above the fireplace but I know you won't move it!
Cheers buddy! I am defintely keeping it, this is why I got rid of the Panasonic OLED for this.

D

Deleted member 2457

Son_of_SJ said:
gel said:
I have just pre-ordered The Revenant 4K Blu-Ray, think I will order Creed too. Oh yeah I ordered Chappie the other day too. What's the best UHD blu-rays to demo?

My current issue (Number 260, June 2016) of Home Cinema Choice magazine) has a five-page review of 16 of the first wave of UHD Blu-rays. Some of the 16 are good, and some are not so good. Some are not much of an advance on their 1080p Blu-ray equivalents. I'll let you buy the magazine to find out for yourself.
Read it, didn't think it was worth buying though.

D

Deleted member 2457

Just bought an iPhone 6s Plus so I can now film my videos in 4K of a 4K TV!
thumbs_up.gif

Bought the Exodus 4K HDR blu Ray too, so I will film this one next in 4K.

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
gel said:

Wow. Really? The only reason was to record compressed videos of your tv playing films? Big boss wont be happy with your spending!

Silliest idea purchase ive seen yet unless you use the phone for everything not just recording videos of your tv..

D

Deleted member 2457

Thanks Seriesboy. I have just selected that setting on my iPhone because I didn't have it on 4K, but the iPad is not giving me that option? Just doing a firmware upgrade though.

D

Deleted member 2457

ellisdj said:
gel said:
gel said:
simonlewis said:
gel said:

I bought this film and hate it, not my cup of tea at all.
Nope, not good at the moment.
https://youtu.be/G37i1PGMR44

You have got a funny movement mode on - like ifc on panasonic TV's - moving like a soap opera, not 24fps
Yep, you are probably right, but I am loving it so won't be changing at the moment.

D

Deleted member 2457

RodhasGibson said:
Gel,unless you have got the 9.7 inch iPad Pro with the 12mp iSight Camera you won't get 4k video recording,the 12.9 inch Pro only has the 8mp camera,so won't do 4k. okay
Yep, cheers.

gel said:

....and then upload it on YouTube which will downscale to 1080p! :)

Its a lot of money you've spent just for a 4K camera gel.

EDIT: The resolution of your YouTube videos is only 360p or 720p gel, well far off 1080p, leave alone 4K. You've wasted your money on the iPhone.

daveh75

YouTube supports 4K. The S7 Gel bought recently is also perfectly capable of shooting in 4K too.

But we all know Gel buying an iPhone had absolutely nothing to do with being able to shoot 4K videos of his TV...

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
bigboss said:
gel said:

EDIT: The resolution of your YouTube videos is only 360p or 720p gel, well far off 1080p, leave alone 4K. You've wasted your money on the iPhone.

couldn't have said it better myself.

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
bigboss said:
gel said:

latest one 240p actually!

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
gel said:
ellisdj said:
gel said:
gel said:
simonlewis said:
gel said:

I bought this film and hate it, not my cup of tea at all.
Nope, not good at the moment.
https://youtu.be/G37i1PGMR44

You have got a funny movement mode on - like ifc on panasonic TV's - moving like a soap opera, not 24fps
Yep, you are probably right, but I am loving it so won't be changing at the moment.

It certainly looks like it - I remember you used to watch the VT Plasma with IFC on MAX, Gives the image loads of pop but doesnt move like a film, moves like TV which just isnt right for a film - ruins the illusion. I bet its called Motion settings and its on smooth - which is basically same as IFC.

Its also the occaisonal stutter where its guessed the frame wrong or its catching up that ruins it for me - its like watching netflix for panning shots - pulls you out of whatever your watching because of it, last thing you want in a movie, you want to be constantly drawn in never reminded your watching a screen.

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
gel said:

Yep, it will be going back probably.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts