Which TV should I buy the Panasonic OLED or the LG 65E6V OLED?

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
D

Deleted member 2457

Native_bon said:
gel said:
Any requests?
Can you get me one?*biggrin*
I would if I could mate, seeing as you asked so nicely.
regular_smile.gif
My Samsung k8500 4K blu Ray player seems a bit glitchy with it at the moment. Just done a firmware upgrade because sometimes I have to power of the TV and then back on again to get the Samsung to work. The TV is saying its up to date. I got an April 2016 build, apparently the May 2016 builds have banding on them.

RodhasGibson

Oct 10, 2008
Visit site
Gel there is something wrong with the HDMI Settings Menu on the LG. or Your HDMI Cable is Faulty. Mine works perfectly with the Panasonic.The TV even switches on to the right Input when I Turn on the Samsung UBD8500. Never had a moments trouble from the start.

D

Deleted member 2457

RodhasGibson said:
Gel there is something wrong with the HDMI Settings Menu on the LG. or Your HDMI Cable is Faulty. Mine works perfectly with the Panasonic.The TV even switches on to the right Input when I Turn on the Samsung UBD8500. Never had a moments trouble from the start.
Okay, cheers mate. I never had a problem with the last Samsung I had either. I think it's the LG but not sure. I will see what happens now and report back.

gel said:
RodhasGibson said:
Gel there is something wrong with the HDMI Settings  Menu on the LG. or Your HDMI Cable is Faulty. Mine works perfectly with the Panasonic.The TV even switches on to the right Input when I Turn on the Samsung UBD8500. Never had a moments trouble from the start.
Okay, cheers mate.  I never had a problem with the last Samsung I had either.  I think it's the LG but not sure.  I will see what happens now and report back.  
There will be something called "HDMI control" or "Simplink" in the settings. Switch it off.

http://www.howtogeek.com/207186/how-to-enable-hdmi-cec-on-your-tv-and-why-you-should/

Series1boy

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
bigboss said:
gel said:
RodhasGibson said:
Okay, cheers mate. I never had a problem with the last Samsung I had either. I think it's the LG but not sure. I will see what happens now and report back.
There will be something called "HDMI control" or "Simplink" in the settings. Switch it off.

http://www.howtogeek.com/207186/how-to-enable-hdmi-cec-on-your-tv-and-wh...

yeah I had this with my Panasonic VT, it has vierra link, just switched it off and it fixed the same issue.

D

Deleted member 2457

Series1boy said:
bigboss said:
gel said:
RodhasGibson said:

yeah I had this with my Panasonic VT, it has vierra link, just switched it off and it fixed the same issue.
Nope guys, already switched off.

D

Deleted member 2457

ellisdj said:
gel said:
https://youtu.be/yeiKzJfraFg

Life of Pi on HDR.

Thats looking properly Stellar
Cheers mate! Just watching Fantastic Four at the moment on HDR. That video was done with my iPad too.

RodhasGibson

Oct 10, 2008
Visit site
Gel,read these LG instructions carefully mate. It should help you.
Instructions1
Turn off the power to all components before connecting them.
Connect HDMI cables from the outputs on the back of your AV components to the inputs along the rear connection panel of the LG TV.
Turn on the LG TV and press the "Menu" button on the remote control.
Push the down-arrow directional button on the remote control to select "Option" and highlight "SimpLink," then press the directional button again to turn on the SimpLink feature.
Turn on the power to one of the AV components connected to your LG TV set. The SimpLink feature automatically activates the HDMI jack that connects to the component you just turned on, so the TV is ready to work with that component.

gel said:
Series1boy said:
bigboss said:
gel said:
RodhasGibson said:
Gel there is something wrong with the HDMI Settings  Menu on the LG. or Your HDMI Cable is Faulty. Mine works perfectly with the Panasonic.The TV even switches on to the right Input when I Turn on the Samsung UBD8500. Never had a moments trouble from the start.
Okay, cheers mate.  I never had a problem with the last Samsung I had either.  I think it's the LG but not sure.  I will see what happens now and report back.  

Try switching on then :)

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
Series1boy said:
gel said:
Series1boy said:
Had the 46pz85b Panasonic plasma for 6 years and moved this into our bedroom on the wall, and then upgraded to the VT and had this for 3 years in october and will have this TV for another 3 years or so. Had the fans replaced and insulation to dampen the fan noise on the VT all under warranty and I can't hear a thing. The 46pz has noisy fans, but nothing too much.

im even getting Vincent Teoh back into calibrate 3D on my VT because I only had 2d calibrated.

Ive had no issues with screen burn or IR on both plasmas and we have all the Disney channels with logos, no issues at all.
Ah, nice one. Who did you have the calibration with which you didn't like again? Cheers.

im not going to say but if you look back a couple of years on my early posts, it's all in there. What I will say he works for another forum and it isn't Mr Withers. When Vincent came to do my tv after the first calibrator, he calibrated to gamma 2.4 and it had more pop. The other calibrator did it to gamma 2.2 and it was all washed out.

I can remember who did Series1boy's first calibration, but then I tend to remember all sorts of extraneous stuff.

D

Deleted member 2457

nugget2014 said:
gel said:
ellisdj said:
gel said:

Life of Pi on HDR.

Cheers mate! Just watching Fantastic Four at the moment on HDR. That video was done with my iPad too.

when are you gonna get some better demo discs then?
Got the Revenant on order, I probably be buying lots now. I want The Da Vinci Code when that comes out, I will try Deadpool too. I will do some searching on Amazon too to see what there is. Wowhd.co.uk is useful too. Any Blu-Ray's you would like to see?

D

Deleted member 2457

RodhasGibson said:
Gel,read these LG instructions carefully mate. It should help you.

Instructions

Turn off the power to all components before connecting them.
Connect HDMI cables from the outputs on the back of your AV components to the inputs along the rear connection panel of the LG TV.
Turn on the LG TV and press the "Menu" button on the remote control.
Push the down-arrow directional button on the remote control to select "Option" and highlight "SimpLink," then press the directional button again to turn on the SimpLink feature.
Turn on the power to one of the AV components connected to your LG TV set. The SimpLink feature automatically activates the HDMI jack that connects to the component you just turned on, so the TV is ready to work with that component.
Ah cheers!

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
gel said:
Series1boy said:
bigboss said:
gel said:
RodhasGibson said:

Try switching on then :)
Yep, cheers.

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
gel said:
I have just pre-ordered The Revenant 4K Blu-Ray, think I will order Creed too. Oh yeah I ordered Chappie the other day too. What's the best UHD blu-rays to demo?

My current issue (Number 260, June 2016) of Home Cinema Choice magazine) has a five-page review of 16 of the first wave of UHD Blu-rays. Some of the 16 are good, and some are not so good. Some are not much of an advance on their 1080p Blu-ray equivalents. I'll let you buy the magazine to find out for yourself.

D

Deleted member 2457

Son_of_SJ said:
gel said:
I have just pre-ordered The Revenant 4K Blu-Ray, think I will order Creed too. Oh yeah I ordered Chappie the other day too. What's the best UHD blu-rays to demo?

My current issue (Number 260, June 2016) of Home Cinema Choice magazine) has a five-page review of 16 of the first wave of UHD Blu-rays. Some of the 16 are good, and some are not so good. Some are not much of an advance on their 1080p Blu-ray equivalents. I'll let you buy the magazine to find out for yourself.
Okay, cheers for that! I will get it tomorrow morning.

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
gel said:
nugget2014 said:
gel said:
ellisdj said:
gel said:

Life of Pi on HDR.

when are you gonna get some better demo discs then?
Got the Revenant on order, I probably be buying lots now. I want The Da Vinci Code when that comes out, I will try Deadpool too. I will do some searching on Amazon too to see what there is. Wowhd.co.uk is useful too. Any Blu-Ray's you would like to see?

mainly just ones from disney, wish they would announce support quicker. captain america: civil war, batman v superman and star wars are my top 3 on the wish list.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts