Which TV should I buy the Panasonic OLED or the LG 65E6V OLED?

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
D

Deleted member 2457

ellisdj said:
gel said:
ellisdj said:
gel said:
gel said:
simonlewis said:
gel said:
Bought the Exodus 4K HDR blu Ray too, so I will film this one next in 4K.

I bought this film and hate it, not my cup of tea at all.
Nope, not good at the moment.
https://youtu.be/G37i1PGMR44

You have got a funny movement mode on - like ifc on panasonic TV's - moving like a soap opera, not 24fps
Yep, you are probably right, but I am loving it so won't be changing at the moment.

It certainly looks like it - I remember you used to watch the VT Plasma with IFC on MAX, Gives the image loads of pop but doesnt move like a film, moves like TV which just isnt right for a film - ruins the illusion. I bet its called Motion settings and its on smooth - which is basically same as IFC.

Its also the occaisonal stutter where its guessed the frame wrong or its catching up that ruins it for me - its like watching netflix for panning shots - pulls you out of whatever your watching because of it, last thing you want in a movie, you want to be constantly drawn in never reminded your watching a screen.
What should I stick it on mate? I normally wait for the reviews and then copy their settings.

Superaintit

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
gel said:
ellisdj said:
gel said:
ellisdj said:
gel said:
gel said:
simonlewis said:
gel said:

You have got a funny movement mode on - like ifc on panasonic TV's - moving like a soap opera, not 24fps
Yep, you are probably right, but I am loving it so won't be changing at the moment.

It certainly looks like it - I remember you used to watch the VT Plasma with IFC on MAX, Gives the image loads of pop but doesnt move like a film, moves like TV which just isnt right for a film - ruins the illusion.  I bet its called Motion settings and its on smooth - which is basically same as IFC.

Its also the occaisonal stutter where its guessed the frame wrong or its catching up that ruins it for me - its like watching netflix for panning shots - pulls you out of whatever your watching because of it, last thing you want in a movie, you want to be constantly drawn in never reminded your watching a screen.
What should I stick it on mate?  I normally wait for the reviews and then copy their settings.  

I can really recommend sticking with the settings you have. What's the point of changing if you like it? Other people's opinions are not relevant in matters of taste. It's personal.

D

Deleted member 2457

Superaintit said:
gel said:
ellisdj said:
gel said:
ellisdj said:
gel said:
gel said:
simonlewis said:
gel said:

It certainly looks like it - I remember you used to watch the VT Plasma with IFC on MAX, Gives the image loads of pop but doesnt move like a film, moves like TV which just isnt right for a film - ruins the illusion. I bet its called Motion settings and its on smooth - which is basically same as IFC.

What should I stick it on mate? I normally wait for the reviews and then copy their settings.

I can really recommend sticking with the settings you have. What's the point of changing if you like it? Other people's opinions are not relevant in matters of taste. It's personal.
Yep, at the moment I am really enjoying it. Ta

D

Deleted member 2457

I heard that Costco might be doing this TV for £4450!

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Adjusting the motion settings from smooth to off is not a big one - using this mode might be why you dont get banding on football because of the extra processing that is applied?

If you want to watch it like that its up to you same as anything else - however it stands out like a sore thumb to me, based on a you tube video guestimation.

Whats interesting is in the UHD spec is 60fps playback which will look like that - but I dont see how they will keep movies looking like movies instead of TV programmes using that high frame rate. Going be interesting see what happens there

D

Deleted member 2457

Both the 55e6v compared against the 55b6v - both look awesome!

https://www.avforums.com/threads/lg-b6-oled-tv-owners-and-discussion-thread.2027572/page-44

D

Deleted member 2457

Native_bon said:
Just saw the 65" 950 goin for £1899.00 pee jay Electricals.
Who is pee jay Electricals?
regular_smile.gif

expat_mike

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
gel said:
Superaintit said:

Just get the settings correct for the start of the football tomorrow - you will have plenty of matches when you can experiment with various settings, if you need any fine tuning.

In another couple of weeks, when dealers realise that they still have lots of unsold TVs on their hands, they will drop prices a bit to make sure the TVs are sold before the Olympics start. So no need to get tempted to buy another Tv this weekend. ;-)

D

Deleted member 2457

Native_bon said:
gel said:
Native_bon said:
Just saw the 65" 950 goin for £1899.00 pee jay Electricals.
Who is pee jay Electricals?
Sorry that would be Pee Jay Electrical. *biggrin* .. I popped into one of their branch shop at Walthamstow in London & there it was for £1889.00. Was very tempting.
That was a good deal! Cheers. Just looked at their online website.

D

Deleted member 2457

expat_mike said:
gel said:
Superaintit said:

Just get the settings correct for the start of the football tomorrow - you will have plenty of matches when you can experiment with various settings, if you need any fine tuning.

In another couple of weeks, when dealers realise that they still have lots of unsold TVs on their hands, they will drop prices a bit to make sure the TVs are sold before the Olympics start. So no need to get tempted to buy another Tv this weekend. ;-)
Football looks amazing, so I should be okay there. Cheers. I keep looking at the prices to see if I can price match still but no luck yet. I have got rid of the box so it looks like I am definitely keeping it.

D

Deleted member 2457

I watched Kick Ass last night too and I can confirm the black levels were better on the LG than the Panasonic on the dark scene. Very happy with my choice of the LG, I now don't miss the Panasonic at all. I am really starting to watch a lot of movies on this TV now.

TRENDING THREADS