Which TV should I buy the Panasonic OLED or the LG 65E6V OLED?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
D

Deleted member 2457

nugget2014 said:
gel said:
Just agreed that Gordan Fraser will calibrate it, got a cracking deal too! *clapping*

you better make sure to test out the 4k hdr properly this time. it should work.. *mail1*
Yep, I will have it calibrated, so should look great.

D

Deleted member 2457

spiny norman said:
gel said:

You rang? Or was that another delivery driver, who didn't get the last minute cancellation message, at the door?
No, that was meant to be tomorrow.
regular_smile.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

buzz_lightclick said:
I can't believe people are advising him to buy another TV. I thought Gel had already tried the E6? I lose track of his orders now!

He thinks 4K and HDR is a con, then buys a 4K HDR TV? I give up!
Nope, haven't tried the E6, it's suppose to be a lot better than the last one too. I am getting a calibrator around to make sure the 4K picture is good.

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
Why did you choose Gordon Fraser who has to travel all the way from Scotland as opposed to Jules who doesn't live far from you and has already calibrated for you before?
Gordan, I don't think lives in Scotland last time I spoke to him he wasn't that far away like a couple of hours. I was seriously impressed with the Pnasonic OLED so I choose to go with him again. And he did me a really good deal. Sorry Jules if you are reading this.

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
You confuse me immensely gel. I thought you didn't like the picture on your Panasonic OLED.
No I did, I just preferred the LG one or thought I did. If this LG isn't good I will buy the Panasonic OLED again! *biggrin*

rocketrazor

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Gel,

Why are you getting it calibrated before making a decision if to keep it or not? Also if you get it calibrated make a point of keeping it longer than 2 weeks! Why are you even considering buying the Panasonic again? What's the point of buying the TV you just sold?

I don't think I'll ever understand the logic your convincing yourself with
cry_smile.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

rocketrazor said:
Gel,

Why are you getting it calibrated before making a decision if to keep it or not? Also if you get it calibrated make a point of keeping it longer than 2 weeks! Why are you even considering buying the Panasonic again? What's the point of buying the TV you just sold?

I don't think I'll ever understand the logic your convincing yourself with
No, I am going to check that I like it first and it has no faults and then after a month or so get it calibrated. I heard a run-in period before getting it calibrated is pointless is that correct? I haven't seen a better TV than the Panasonic TV yet, so that's why I think I might go back to it.

D

Deleted member 2457

nugget2014 said:
bigboss said:
nugget2014 said:
well technically the best 2d picture comes from watching 4k..
Meaning?

gel wanted the best 2d picture, yet he didn't like 4k and thought it was a con, which means if he won't watch the format he won't get the best 2d picture.
My understanding of 4K is that it's dimmer and darker, how can that be better?

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
gel said:
nugget2014 said:
bigboss said:
nugget2014 said:
Meaning?

gel wanted the best 2d picture, yet he didn't like 4k and thought it was a con, which means if he won't watch the format he won't get the best 2d picture.

no, it's not..

you've already seen native 4k at the cinema when some films are shown in 4k. did that look dim or dark??

you just had a tv that made it look dark possibly, as some i've heard don't look that great. this shouldn't be the case with the new lg tv's..

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
Gel, under no circumstances should you consider the Panasonic again. You've already lost more than £2000 on it.

Wait for 200 hours run in before calibrating. That's what Vincent told me.
Cheers BB, yep you are right. Ta. I will keep with the LG I am pretty sure on that.

D

Deleted member 2457

nugget2014 said:
gel said:
nugget2014 said:
bigboss said:
nugget2014 said:
Meaning?

no, it's not..

you've already seen native 4k at the cinema when some films are shown in 4k. did that look dim or dark??

you just had a tv that made it look dark possibly, as some i've heard don't look that great. this shouldn't be the case with the new lg tv's..
Even HDTV test said it was to dim for daylight. I am talking about 4K HDR blu Ray here not 4K.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts