Which speaker for desktop PC or iMac?

Zacck

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Hello

I want speakers for my new desktop PC or iMac (not decided yet). I'll be listening through MP3/AAc and lossless & WAV uncompressed audio files. I have selected Audioengine 5+ as of now as desktop speakers but I'm also thinking of buying normal stereo speakers and have shortlisted Monitor Audio BX2 & KEF Q300. I want to know if I can connect them through my desktop computer? Is it easy or difficult? Is it a good idea to go for these stereo speakers rather than proper desktop speakers like Audioengine 5+? Which out of these has the best sound quality. I like punchy and tight bass (not overpowering bass), good mids (I listen to a lot of femal artists) and sparkling highs?I am looking for the kind of speakers that can reveal detail, clarity and should do justice with Lossless files. Please guide me through the full setup to connect through PC. Thanks in advance.

A

Anonymous

I've heard that Acoustic Energy Aego M's don't sound bad at all, moreover they will probably end up on my desktop also (after a thorough research). :) On the other side - Bose Acoustimass 3 should probably also not be the baddest idea if the (dekstop) wallet can handle it! :dance:

p.s. if you gow with Mac you can also get them in white (A.E.)

A

Anonymous

For my iMac and now MacBook Pro I enjoy the Bose Companion 5 multimedia system. The B&W MM-1's look good, but the Bose 5.1 are just awesome...

A

Anonymous

:O

No clue what did happen, but it seems my reply got lost and don't show up anymore... (might be due to my bad abbit to login on WHF on more then one computer at the same time)

Too bad...

Then let's make it a long story short: It was about the MM-1. I can't say for Bose, but one of the great thing about the MM-1 is the built in DAC. Plus, I got told (but I can't confirm yet) it can read up to studio master resolution 24Bit-192Mhz files through USB. Draw back to me is the fact that eventhough there is an analog input available, you can't use the speaker DAC for Apple stuff.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts