Which speaker cable is better?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hope someone can help me in deciding which speaker cable to buy for the following cinema system:

1. Pioneer sc-lx82 a/v receiver

2. Pioneer bdp-lx52 blueray player

3. Pioneer pdp-lx5090 plasma tv

4. Monitor audio bronze br5 a/v package

As you can tell i am a great fan of pioneer so therefore i need to choose the right speaker cable to make my new system really sing. So therefore i need to know which is the better cable manufacturer, is it QED or CHORD COMPANY or which manufacturer's cable will sound better on my system. Also if i use a expensive cable like the chord oddysey 2 for the 2 front speaker's including the centre speaker and then use a less expensive cable like the chord rumour or even cheaper chord silverscreen would this be ok or not. I am looking for a cable that is very clear sounding and also has a lot of tight controll on the bass and the treble. Like i said i would appreciate as much help or advice as possible because i just do not know where to begin. Is it really worth me bi-wiring the front and centre speaker's with cheap cable (chord silverscreen) or not and instead use single more expensive speaker cable (chord oddysey)?

P.S. Most of the hi-fi shop's recommend that i use the chord company cable stating that they are better than then the qed cable's is this true or not. Thank's

DR KAY

Sliced Bread

Hi DR KAY,

When I moved from QED Silver Anniversary to Chord Oddysey I noticed a significant step up in sound quality, however to be fair it is a far more expensive cable.

Personally I use Chord Oddysey on the front 3 channels and QED micro on the rear (to keep the price down). It all works very well together, however it should be noted that I have not heard the more expensive QED cables.

A

Anonymous

Thank's for the advice. I think that i will go with the chord company's speaker cable's because they seem to sound better and also are highly recommended by a lot of people. I would appreciate to hear from more people so that i really can decide on which cable to buy.

A

Anonymous

Hey DR KAY, just thought i would throw in frank harvey hi fi are the cheapest prices i have found of Chord Odyssey, I am thinking getting these myself. and using carnival for the rears.

Off topic a little, there a allot of smaller guys around who make their own speakers and cables too, very good cables are cheaper prices then the big guns in the cable game.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts