WHICH PANASONIC?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

I am torn between the panasonic TH42PX70 and the Z70 model. I have seen the 42px70 for £699 at Dixons.co.uk plus I would save money by using my egg card (approx 8%) but am not sure what warranty is included in this and how much the stand would cost extra.

Alternatively I have seen the Z70 at approx £987:

http://www.rgbdirect.co.uk/ProductDetails.asp?SKUNumber=105586i

I am planning on using it to watch SD freeview TV, play my xbox 360, look at photos (prob via 360) and will prob invest in a PS3 within the next year.

Is it worth me paying more for the higher model?

Any thoughts?

Cheers,

J

A

Anonymous

Jimbo1979,

Lookinig at your requirements, I would say the PZ70 for the following reasons:

i. I guess that you will be buying the PS3 for HD gameplay/movies in the near future. The PX70 is only HD Ready (1024 x 768), which mean it won't give you the full resolution that the PS3 can give you. The PZ70 is Full HD.

ii. I will probably get flamed for this, but there is a BIG controversial thread about the PX70 taking 1080p/24 signal on this forum. I am no expert on this, so do a search on this forum. The last thing you want is buying the PS3 and you may find problem with movies or gameplay display (judder springs to mind)

iii. I presume you have a modern digital camera. The resolution of your photos will likely exceeds the resolution of the PX70, this would provide less detail when viewing your photos. I would suggest the PZ70 and use the extra pixels to provide clearer pictures.

I am not claiming to be an expert here, but I am in the process of buying a flat screen and done a lot of research through a lot of different forums.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Jay

A

Anonymous

So If I can get the 42px inc stand and 5 year warranty from richer sounds for £749 and the pz for say £987 also inc stand and 5 year manufacturers warranty. Then I should pay the extra.

I am thinking it will be worth it for the PC use and gaming/photos in long run.......

A

Anonymous

Jimbo, I saw both on display and for the extra amount its worth it. Getting mine from ask electronics (harp) who offered it with 5yrs warranty and free del. for £999. Havent haggled yet, but will be.

A

Anonymous

After months of agonising I finally plumped for the Panasonic PZ70. My initial impressions are positive, although some SD TV channels are better than others. I am now seeking advice on what internal settings I should be thinking of - I have seen comments elsewhere that I should turn off any artificial devices such as PNR and Colour Balance etc. Is this correct for this particular TV? If anyone could give me some recommendations with regard to cabling I would be also be grateful....I have a digital TV service that would be similar to the SKY+ box and an old Sony DVD recorder.

A

Anonymous

I think I want the PZ70 now, based on the fact I will be plugging my PC into it and playing Hi def games. Anyone know the cheapest place to get it with the five year warranty?

Alsone

Jul 21, 2007
Visit site
SD will probably look better on the PX due to its lower resolution, but as others have pointed out, there are many plusses to having the higher resolution of the PZ as well So its horses for courses and a question of whether you're willing to trade a little quality on SD tv in exchange for the better pictures of the PS3 / bluray / HD TV when available.

A

Anonymous

Has anyone plugged their home computer into these TV's? Any noticeable differences?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts