Which of these receivers

ChrisDK

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm looking into upgrading my Denon AVR2105, and I'm considering the following:

- Denon AVR2312

- Pioneer VSX-2021

- Yamaha RX-A810

- Yamaha RX-V2067 (as they are selling at a very reasonable price right now).

Any experience with any of the above? Any other recommendations?

Should I be concerned that the Pioneer is a bit lighter that then rest of the bunch? Have they saved on the quality of the AMP?

It will be running a set of Monitor Audio Silver RX (5.1 setup).

I have no experience with Yamaha. How is the sound compared to Denon? And what about the general quality?

A

Anonymous

I've not heard the new Pioneer or Yamaha, but the older 2067 and the RX will be a great match.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
If you like the combination of the RX package with your current Denon, then consider the 2312 very seriously. This will be the easiest transition to make as you'll be used to the remote an menu system. Tonally, the Yamahs won't be too dissimilar, so either the 810 or 2067 will match in well too. Although if you can stretch to a 3067, that will bring out more of the RX's capabilities. The Pioneer will be a little more of a forward sound compared to the others, and would be ideal if you want more detail and little more excitement than you're currently getting.

And weight won't be an indication of quality. Most AV receivers at the same price point are going to be similar in quality, but they'll vary slightly in features or number of inputs. Build quality might vary slightly.

ChrisDK said:
I'm looking into upgrading my Denon AVR2105, and I'm considering the following:

- Denon AVR2312

- Pioneer VSX-2021

- Yamaha RX-A810

- Yamaha RX-V2067 (as they are selling at a very reasonable price right now).

Any experience with any of the above? Any other recommendations?

Should I be concerned that the Pioneer is a bit lighter that then rest of the bunch? Have they saved on the quality of the AMP?

It will be running a set of Monitor Audio Silver RX (5.1 setup).

I have no experience with Yamaha. How is the sound compared to Denon? And what about the general quality?

Hi ChrisDK

I'll highly recommend Yamaha's RX-V2067 as ime Yamaha AV amplifiers form an excellent tonal match with Monitor Audio speakers time after time :) At the current prices the RX-V2067 is really a bit of a no brainer :grin:

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

denon would be my choice..i have not heard the new model but i have had the rx range with the denon 2310 and it was superb, you might even want to look at the denon 3310, these can be had for about £449.00 which will give you enough left over for quality cables..

ChrisDK

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
*bump* :)

I'm just reviving the thred as I'm still looking around.

I'm considering stretching my budget a bit and I'm also considering the following:

- Denon AVR 3312

- Yamaha RX-A1010

Would I gain much from the AVR's listed previously with either of these? They should obviously be better units that the AVR 2312 and the RX-A810, but how would they compare to the VSX-2021 and the RX-V2067 ?

I've been trying to find some reviews but seems most of these are too new for any reviews to really be online yet!?

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
hello everyone!
I am also in the process of acquiring an amp, I'm thinking of two Yamaha's RX-V771 in Portugal I can buy it for 599 € (black) or the Pioneer VSX-2021 K (879 €) or the RX-A810 which I do not know the price yet ... The amp will feed my Monitor Audio B4 system.
I have an Ipad 32gb and Airplay would be welcome. But for 100 € i can buy YID W10 to replace apple airplay ... Help please !!!!! I want to replace my old Yamaha RX-V 750.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts