Which is Best With Computers - Plasma or LCD?

Bazzy

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
Hi All, My nephew is an accountant who will be hooking up his computer to a HDTV and work on excel spreadsheets about an hour and a half a day and occasionaly up to 5 hours a day. He is also a casual gamer and loves watching his Soccer! Apart from that he will be using it to watch normal SD & HD TV. I automatically steered him to the Panasonic 42PX80 as I prefer plasma myself and thought it might be better for blacks, SD stuff, viewing angles and when watching sports and soccer.  I am not sure which is better suited for use with computers - a HD Ready panel or a Full HD Panel? Also, in his case which may be best suited - Plasma or LCD? His viewing distance is 7.5 to 8 feet and from the plasmas I am looking at either the 42PX80 or any of the other 42" PZ Series.  On the LCD side, I am more confused - I am thinking of any of the following: Sony 40W4500, Samsung 40A656, 40A756, 40A856 and the JVC LT-42DS9. I prefer to buy one with 5 year warranty as part of the deal.  Which do you think might be better and why - the plasmas or the LCD's? I am worried that the plasma might not be suited to computers but scared that his sacred soccer matches will then look terrible on an LCD due to motion issues etc! Which is the best LCD out of the list - I have a budget of around £850. I love the looks of the JVC LT-42DS9 and know WHF gave it 5 stars but do not know how it compares to the Sony or any of the Samsungs which also got the same! I would be very grateful for any help anyone give! Bazzy! 

A

Anonymous

Save yourself some money and get the Panny 42PX80 at a bargain price of £499 at Dixons/Curry's . TV of the year under £1000 at a Trusted Review site and also Best Buy on this site (37" version). Say no more

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts