Where to place the centre and other gear and banana plugs

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Morning I have a quick question about placing my ger back on the tv stand when I get to put it all back together next week.

I have an Origin ss4 stand http://www.justtvstands.co.uk/categories/adjustable-tv-stands-2/products/origin-s4-tv-stand-what-hifi-5-star-2?selected_options[0]=29&selected_options[1]=31

I currently have the centre on the top shelf but it dos'nt slide under the tv by about 5mm but it does fit on the shelf so I was thinking about placing it on the middle shelf with the amp on the bottom and the blu ray and free sat on the top shelf. The only downside I can see would be there is a coffee table about 1 foot away from where the middle shelf would be put? so how would you go about arranging it.

Also to make my life a lot easier I am going to banana plug the cables at the amp end and I will need 14 so does anyone have any recommendations for good cheap banana plugs please

A

Anonymous

HI, you should be ok with that set up unless the coffee table is in the way of the amps remote control signal. Also try and tilt the centre speaker up towards the listening position.

Some might advise against stacking the blu ray with the free sat box mind, as this could hamper performance, but other than a separate rack i dont think you have much choice.

Regarding the banana plugs, from my own experience i would stay away from the cheap ones found on certain sites as i found that even with thick cable they didn't hold them very well. I'm upgrading mine soon, not sure what to though.

A

Anonymous

thanks for the great replys I will try and angle the centre if there is room and although not a great fan of banana plugs I am a piano player and have massive fingers that are just too big to do the fiddly termminals on the back of the amp so im thinking of taking the easy route

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts