Where can i buy sony KDL46W905??

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
really wanting to buy this TV. but richer sounds dont have it in the Nottingham branch.

Where can i get this tv for around the same price as richer sounds if anywhere??

if i can't get the sony 905a. will the newer sony kdl50w829 have as near good picture quality as last years flagship?

its either the 829 or the 2013 805a if i cant get the 905. which one is better? the 805 would be 55" for £900

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
gel said:
I'd go for the 829 first. :)

would you say the 829 is on the same level as the w905 in terms of picture quality?

i read that is has triluminos like the w905. but i cant see that it does on sony website. does it have such good colours as last years flagship w905?

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
so here are my options:

1) get the sony kld50w829 tv for £899 with a free sony BDPS-6200 blu ray player and 1 in 5 chance to win a PS4.

2) get the sony kld46w905a for £799.95 (buy my own blu ray player , sony bdps-5200 £100) and no chance to win a ps4

is it worth the extra money to get the 2013 w905 which has triluminos technology for better colours etc? all i want is the best picture quality i can get. do not care for sound as i am using home cinema

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
I think you should demo both TVs and buy what looks best. W905 has triluminos, but also suffers from narrower viewing angles.

Yep, I agree.

Colours tend to be stronger on the flagship ones, but then you are getting the extra size with the one down from this year. It's hard to tell without a direct comparison.

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
bigboss said:
I think you should demo both TVs and buy what looks best. W905 has triluminos, but also suffers from narrower viewing angles.

john lewis is the only place who has both tvs in stock. do the tvs have option for 3d to be turned on so i can see what its like? i dont wanna buy an active tv for the first time if i cant see it. would help if they had both tvs side by side but thats probably out the question in JL

D

Deleted member 2457

I did a comparison today in the Sony shop and I couldn't see a difference, both were really good. Both had strong colours and were nice.

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
gel said:
I did a comparison today in the Sony shop and I couldn't see a difference, both were really good. Both had strong colours and were nice.

what was the source material, i'm sure on a blu ray disc or something the w905 might have better colours? because of triluminos

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
also. i assume a £1600-1700 tv brand new last year which the w905 was should be far better than this years 829 which is new at £899..? if its basically 90% the same..im confused

D

Deleted member 2457

nugget2014 said:
also. i assume a £1600-1700 tv brand new last year which the w905 was should be far better than this years 829 which is new at £899..? if its basically 90% the same..im confused

This years 829 is reviewing far better than last years 8 series did. It was on the same demo material, it was high definition though.

Just the same being shown on every TV, other than the 4K one. Prices are a bit misleading because this years has dropped a little. I would take your own Blu-rays with you when you demo, because today was hard to pick them apart.

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
gel said:
nugget2014 said:

This years 829 is reviewing far better than last years 8 series did. It was on the same demo material, it was high definition though.

Just the same being shown on every TV, other than the 4K one. Prices are a bit misleading because this years has dropped a little. I would take your own Blu-rays with you when you demo, because today was hard to pick them apart.

john lewis let you put blu rays in to demo? :eek:

still leaning in favour of the w905.

D

Deleted member 2457

nugget2014 said:
gel said:
nugget2014 said:

john lewis let you put blu rays in to demo? :eek:

still leaning in favour of the w905.

Yep.

I own Two Sony TVs too, the Sony 46hx803 and the Sony 40lx903, so I know what the difference between those two are too. It is pretty similar along the lines you are thinking now. The 903 has stronger colours but the 803 benefits from size. Both are good TVs so, you are definitely going to do well out of it.

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
gel said:
Have you demoed them yet?

went into john lewis today unfortunately he said cant demo the active 3d on any tv in the store for some reason. had a look at both tvs but since couldnt put a blu ray in had to go what was already on screen..the assistant also said the 905 is better. so i may get the 905!

can take it back if i dont like active 3d since couldnt demo instore.

D

Deleted member 2457

nugget2014 said:
gel said:

went into john lewis today unfortunately he said cant demo the active 3d on any tv in the store for some reason. had a look at both tvs but since couldnt put a blu ray in had to go what was already on screen..the assistant also said the 905 is better. so i may get the 905!

Sounds good. :cheers:

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
gel said:
nugget2014 said:
gel said:

would you say £799.95 for the w905 is a good deal, or you think anywhere cheaper which i could price match for even bigger bargain?

D

Deleted member 2457

nugget2014 said:
gel said:
nugget2014 said:
gel said:

would you say £799.95 for the w905 is a good deal, or you think anywhere cheaper which i could price match for even bigger bargain?

It's a cracking deal, and I can't see it anywhere cheaper.

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
gel said:
nugget2014 said:
gel said:
nugget2014 said:
gel said:

whats the deal with active 3d? what does it feel/look like while watching active 3d on a film? i heard some people get headaches/tired eyes.

does it make the film more hard to concentrate on? idk. dont wnana buy it and hate the active 3d as i plan to buy 3d blu rays on any good film that comes out (the amazing spiderman 2, godzilla, etc)

D

Deleted member 2457

nugget2014 said:
gel said:
nugget2014 said:
gel said:
nugget2014 said:
gel said:

whats the deal with active 3d? what does it feel/look like while watching active 3d on a film? i heard some people get headaches/tired eyes.

does it make the film more hard to concentrate on? idk. dont wnana buy it and hate the active 3d as i plan to buy 3d blu rays on any good film that comes out (the amazing spiderman 2, godzilla, etc)

I get headaches from 3D but I did find Sony TVs the best.

TRENDING THREADS