When will some 1 make a plasma free from ir or screen burn? will it happen and who will be the gods who do so?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
New thread i noticed so many people having problems with plasma one way or the other my self included. I mean when will that problem end? who will come along and totally eradicate the dreaded diseast? It's a real problem, you go to led you probably get lag regards gaming go plasma then you may get ir or any other problem. Hence why people are buying cover plans as tv being made don't seem to be trust worthy any more and the problem is only going to get worst as new tech comes out from Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo as the future gaming consoles will most likely be 1080p in the future. Something has to change with the manufacturers. You can't be in a position where a engineer turns round to you and says they not designed for gaming.

VoodooDoctor

Sep 23, 2007
Visit site
I use my plasma (Samsung PS64D8000) for long gaming sessions and have not had any IR. The measured lag is minimal too (which was an essential factor when I was considering which TV to buy). The sets are out there, you just have to do your research before buying.

lobby

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
There's no perfect tv out there, weve just got a Panasonic 50st30 and so far very pleased.A different kind of picture from Lcd, as said before buy from a store which offers free 5 yr's warranty and you will have that peice of mind should you experience any problems. Having upgraded from a Samsung 40" lcd, i find sport looks far better with motion and gaming from all three consoles seems a bit smoother. Plasmas are suited to darker rooms but our lounge is well light and we feel comfortable with it. For our price range of £800 pounds we couldn't find any 50" tv's with free warranty anywhere near as good even though we did worry about the problems people have brought up,its the best purchase weve made, go and demo a few or wait for the newer models to arrive at full price.Looking at any forums will highlight the joys and displeasures from members, your the best judge we just help you with a few choices.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
I and several of my friends have been playing games on plasma TVs for 4 - 5 years now (mostly Panasonics, some Samsung and Pioneer) - none of us have ever had issues with screen burn (IR is a different issue - yes, that happens, but it's not generally an issue as it's normally very temporary). The issue is, you're no doubt searching forums and finding multiple users reporting issues on all brands of TV, but you're always going to get that. The millions of other users of that brand of TV aren't logging on to forums to report everything is all good - it just doesn't happen. So if you're looking for one brand of TV that's never had an issue, then I'm afraid you're always going to be disappointed.

The key (as someone has already pointed out) is to ensure you buy from a good dealer with an emphasis on customer service, not just cut price deals. The sort who wants return custom and is committed to ensuring that by making sure the customer is satisfied. If you do this, you'll find you won't have any issues, as you'll be reasonably well covered by this. The downside is, it may cost you a bit more, but it's generally worthwhile. If you have to buy for the lowest price possible, then that's fine, but just don't be too surprised if they're not interested in your issues further down the line.

RodhasGibson

Oct 10, 2008
Visit site
bigboss said:
I've not had any problems with IR or screen burn at all in my 3 years of extensive plasma TV viewing. I also play a lot of PS3 games.
+1 Have had three panasonic plasmas 37,42 and now 50 inch since 2008 and no problems with any of them.All came with 5 year warranties f o c.

chris hollands

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I have had Fujitsu, Panasonic , Samsung plasmas over the last 10 years and never had a problem with screen burn on any !

With 2 small children that pause the kids channel constantly ! and one plasma in the kitchen on news channels on for hours at a time.

I really think it is pot luck .

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts