Yamaha and Cerwin Vega-Will it be a good idea?

Omneric

Sep 27, 2015
Visit site
Hi! I've decided to buy this CD player: Yamaha CD-S1000 and this amp: Yamaha A-S1000 but the only "problem" that I have is I don't know what speakers choice, I'll explain.

I'm a heavy metal / rock fan but sometimes I listen classic music too... I have read in some forums that a great speakers for heavy metal is the Cerwin Vega XLS-28 but I'm not sure if that speakers are good option for the amp. What do you think? Should I buy this speakers or I will be just wasting the power of that amp?

I hope someone can help me...

thanks for your time.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
IMO they will be a good match. The Yamaha isn't really that powerfull (90Wpc at 8ohms) and the CVs are not that efficient (89dB, 6ohms nominal).

MaxD

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
Omneric said:
Hi! I've decided to buy this CD player: Yamaha CD-S1000 and this amp: Yamaha A-S1000 but the only "problem" that I have is I don't know what speakers choice, I'll explain.

I'm a heavy metal / rock fan but sometimes I listen classic music too... I have read in some forums that a great speakers for heavy metal is the Cerwin Vega XLS-28 but I'm not sure if that speakers are good option for the amp. What do you think? Should I buy this speakers or I will be just wasting the power of that amp?

I hope someone can help me...

thanks for your time.

You should get Klipsch instead of Cerwin Vega. IMHO, much, much more better for your music. Standfloor like RF-62 or RF-82 will perfectly match with your Yamaha amp also considering they are 95db sensitive.

PS: I know very well both the speakers and I can say Klipsch are consumer reference in many recording and mastering studios around the world together with legendary Yamaha NS-10 bookshelf.

TRENDING THREADS