Question What's your next HiFi purchase?

Page 16 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Revolutions

Aug 6, 2023
Visit site
IMG-2914.jpg

Revolutions

Aug 6, 2023
Visit site
Fosi orange dial. You bought a Fosi V3? Nice :)
Yeah, it was so cheap in the sale with additional % off seemed crazy not to.

Will plug it in with the WiiM mini on Sunday & see how it sounds compared to my normal amp.

What I don’t need, nor have room for, is a system in my bedroom. And yet I’ve already got a few bargain eBay speakers lined up, and a search saved for a used WiiM pro plus 🤦‍♂️

DougK1

Jan 4, 2024
Visit site

Will plug it in with the WiiM mini on Sunday & see how it sounds compared to my normal amp.

What I don’t need, nor have room for, is a system in my bedroom. And yet I’ve already got a few bargain eBay speakers lined up, and a search saved for a used WiiM pro plus 🤦‍♂️
Be interested in your thoughts Rev (y) I've got the V3 and SMSL DAC for some experimentation this year :)

Reactions: Revolutions

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site

I always believe HiFi should be integral of your lifestyle that is why I have four different systems in four different rooms, granted if you live in a more open space settings it is be of a challenge but kudos to you, you're certainly giving it a go 😊

Reactions: Revolutions

jjbomber

My Hi-Fi purchase was 60mm M8 bolts for the speakers.
Did you audition them first? What other bolts did you consider. Most important of all. After fitting them, did your wife walk into the room and say she could hear an improvement.
Nothing really beats being blindfold, standing on one leg while facing the North Pole and asking your wife to change the bolts over without you knowing. Well, according to some on here!

Dom

Did you audition them first? What other bolts did you consider. Most important of all. After fitting them, did your wife walk into the room and say she could hear an improvement.
Nothing really beats being blindfold, standing on one leg while facing the North Pole and asking your wife to change the bolts over without you knowing. Well, according to some on here!
:ROFLMAO: I don't have a wife.

Only me and thanks for the pointers.

Reactions: DougK1

Friesiansam

:ROFLMAO: I don't have a wife.

Only me and thanks for the pointers.
You never know, m10 x 70 bolts might have given a little more transparency…:D

James105

Oct 30, 2019
Visit site
Laugh it up guys. I wish I hadn't posted about it now.
They are actually set screws rather than bolts, I do urge you to consider bolts as many find the extra steel in the shank improves stereo imaging.

Like you I also have no wife, I tend to just turn the music up loud enough to see if my neighbours wife hears any improvement. :)

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site
I'm in PC mode right now building my new rig, just waiting for madam for her trip to Northern Italy, so I can have free reign!
My most recent HiFi purchase, well see below.
I have to say the aesthetics of the black metal stands wasn't doing it for me., but I do love those bespoke footstalls from Etsy 😊1708800332816910.jpg

Reactions: Stuart83 and Dom

AJM1981

Got a Sansui 101 which just came back from servicing recently and works well now. It is perhaps not a specs-winner and there are only “two” really usable connections (Aux and phono) for these modern times. But this thing is absolutely great signature-wise. I kind of get why this is a sought after integrated amplifier. Can absolutely recommend one. :)

Steve983

May 31, 2014
Visit site
Hello I'm new here, well sort of as I first registered here 7 years ago (but had forgotten) and so very rarely posted.
Anyway I'm thinking of upgrading my Marantz CD6004 to the new & shiny CD6007 (that does Hi Res). Should I or shouldn't I? The temptation will get the better of me before long I expect...

DougK1

Jan 4, 2024
Visit site
Hello I'm new here, well sort of as I first registered here 7 years ago (but had forgotten) and so very rarely posted.
Anyway I'm thinking of upgrading my Marantz CD6004 to the new & shiny CD6007 (that does Hi Res). Should I or shouldn't I? The temptation will get the better of me before long I expect...
My personal opinion is sonically it won't be an upgrade just a sideways move. If you want a real upgrade you'll need to spend more and look further up the range. However, if you just want the 6007 for it's digital connections there are cheaper ways of doing it. Don't get too hung-up on hi-res, the actual recording quality is the where it matters most.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts