Question What's your next HiFi purchase?

Page 15 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

matthewpianist

Thanks for the reply much appreciated.

I have mentioned on a few threads I am looking at changing my system this year, a new TT quite possibly a LP12 is on the cards. If I did go this route that got me thinking on whether the next step would be to go the whole hog and get the Majik 109, I will still have a stack of CD's to play so have to factor that in, I guess I can look at ripping them to a hard drive in some way shape or form at some point.

I just like the idea of getting rid of a few boxes, vinyl has to stay as I enjoy it so much but Linn advertise the LP12 as very much part of the Majik system it is just working out my CD collection but maybe I can use my CDT until it packs up and work on a long term solution in the meantime.

There is the new Naim Uniti Nova PE to consider although this is considerably more expensive and comes without speakers.

Thanks again.
I think the 6000CDT would be a perfectly good partner, it's an excellent machine. Perhaps the Cambridge EVO CD would be a nice, compact partner for the Majik...

I too have no intention of leaving vinyl behind, but as long as it keeps going I doubt I'll ever replace the PL12D. That's not to say it's as good as a sorted LP12, but it is very good, and I can't see me ever being able to justify the cost of a Linn turntable. I also wouldn't want the temptation to get myself into financial trouble with the endless stream of 'upgrades' for the LP12.

Reactions: DougK1

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site
My next purchase is the AudioQuest Golden Gate 3.5mm to 2 RCA cable which cost a ridiculous £72.95. I'm opening them for my Birthday. I'll be 44 years old. :cool:
View attachment 6068
Bless Dom and happy birthday to you.
I confess to being cable nutz, yes treat yourself, you're only 44 once. :)
I'm about to customise my Diner-Fi speaker cables. Waiting for my 8 AWG occ speaker cables, got these quality speaker plugs from Amazon. Living the dream!IMG_20240203_115549.jpg

Reactions: Dom

jjbomber

Dom

Go on; you know you want one! I love the design of the front of the unit. This picture is much better than the WHF ones.
Thanks, but I got the Musical Fidelity M2si amp. Which I think is brilliant. It was reduced from £800 to £500, so I snapped it up.

I know there are better amplifiers, but its a money pit. ;)

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site
Thanks, but I got the Musical Fidelity M2si amp. Which I think is brilliant. It was reduced from £800 to £500, so I snapped it up.

I know there are better amplifiers, but its a money pit. ;)
How weird I was looking at the clearance on Premium audio today, it so happens they have a sizeable reduction on Rose integrated amp - check out the link below 😊⬇️ They also have it in black.

Reactions: Dom

Dom

My next purchase is the AudioQuest Golden Gate 3.5mm to 2 RCA cable which cost a ridiculous £72.95. I'm opening them for my Birthday. I'll be 44 years old. :cool:
View attachment 6068
I am returning the Golden Gate J2P as it seems to give me a headache. I don't whether its cable or my setup.

The AudioQuest Tower doesn't give me a headache, but just to be safe I have put on the UGREEN J2P cable which is £6.98 at Amazon.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jasonovich
Bless Dom and happy birthday to you.
I confess to being cable nutz, yes treat yourself, you're only 44 once. :)
I'm about to customise my Diner-Fi speaker cables. Waiting for my 8 AWG occ speaker cables, got these quality speaker plugs from Amazon. Living the dream!View attachment 6069
Good luck wiring up that cable! Does it even fit the plugs?

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site
Now you know why they are selling them off! New model on the way. What did you think of the design on the front? I love those switches and meters.
It's not your typical run of the mill amp, I absolutely love the design integrity. Big fan of Rose and Eversolo. I think amps like this make it much more intuitive to new users to HiFi, the smart phone crowd.

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site
I had to look up 8AWG. It’s huge!
If splitting the left and right makes it 16AWG, I may just get away with it, otherwise I'm going to strip of the cores until it fits. The banana plugs I got have extra wide openings, fingers crossed :ROFLMAO:

Update
Nice quality wire, really thick and solid. Very glad the banana plugs were up to the tasks 👍

IMG_20240210_192528.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: nopiano
If splitting the left and right makes it 16AWG, I may just get away with it, otherwise I'm going to strip of the cores until it fits. The banana plugs I got have extra wide openings, fingers crossed :ROFLMAO:
I didn’t think AWG worked like that, as it’s a cross-sectional area.

There are charts like this, which help…

For example, I have some 4mm2 Van Damme, and the next size up is 6mm2. But that only goes from AWG12 to 10!

Dom

My next purchase is the Audient iD4 MKII Audio Interface.

I believe it uses two ESS ES9822QPRO DAC chip's, one for line level and the other for headphones.

Sound quality is ultra clear with a hint of analog warmth. Arriving tomorrow :cool:
iD4-Front-3-4-Left-1.png

Last edited:

Dom

My next purchase is the Audient iD4 MKII Audio Interface.
Wow, the Audient iD4 MKII's sound quality is just unbelievable. It sounds so good and and the build quality is superb. Its no-brainer at £115.

Now, things have not gone smoothly. I spent the day dealing with problems. Like total PC crashes and other odd behaviour.

So I've started emailing Audient. I'm fuming. :mad:

But its crazy good.

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site
Wow, the Audient iD4 MKII's sound quality is just unbelievable. It sounds so good and and the build quality is superb. Its no-brainer at £115.

Now, things have not gone smoothly. I spent the day dealing with problems. Like total PC crashes and other odd behaviour.

So I've started emailing Audient. I'm fuming. :mad:

But its crazy good.
Dom I was thinking about the PC crashing you're experiencing. Do you still have the old Creative sound drivers installed on your PC?
It's possible there's a conflict with the Audient iD4 MKII's and Creative drivers both vying for the same PC address. You need to uninstall the Creative drivers or make disable from Device Manager.
I hope this helps 😊

Dom

Dom I was thinking about the PC crashing you're experiencing. Do you still have the old Creative sound drivers installed on your PC?
It's possible there's a conflict with the Audient iD4 MKII's and Creative drivers both vying for the same PC address. You need to uninstall the Creative drivers or make disable from Device Manager.
I hope this helps 😊
This unit comes with a rather plush scroll wheel/volume control which is conflicting with my mouse.

I'll talk to Audient and see if they can come up with a fix.

In the mean time its not crashing, which is a relief.

Thanks for your input.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts