whats your favourite component ??

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
ive put this in the home cinema system , but it can be anything av related ..

anyways , from all your av gear , is there any one product that you like the most ? that has exceeded your expectations ? that you think you will keep for a long time ? basically do you have a favourite component ? for whatever reason ..

mine are my rx6 speakers , i love them , they are not high end , but they are not budget either , they are beautifully built , and now that they are run in they sound better than ever , i honestly dont see myself selling them for a long time ..

whats your fav ?[:)]

A

Anonymous

My favourite my ATCs. They sound amazing andI've yet to upgrade my amp to hear even moreof their potential. I could live with my system as it is forever more and be happy.

Is it just me or do you get more attatched to speakers than any other part of your system?

lobby

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
Thats hard for me to choose all my compoents at the moment are basic low budget items.But ive been very impressed with my Quad-lite speakers at a real reasonable price of less than £400 for them in silver.My Toshiba XDE dvd player is also a great component and used offten with excellent results, acquired a Toshiba HD player today with 10 films for £10 at a carbootsale so will try that out tonite.But one item i love and has given me my most pleasure is the Xbox 360 online gaming has really brought me many hours of fun and i have met a lot of new freinds and it's also allowed me to chat to ex work mates, when i changed jobs.So Max thats my favourite peice of kit at the moment.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
The tuner. (Ok the aerial as well.)

It can sound way better than CD (on anything but Radio 1 and commercial radio) and does BBC Radio 4 better than anything I have ever owned. Drama sounds like people are in the room. No, actually the best recorded drama sounds like I am in their room!

CDs of the same dramas (of which I own many) should sound better but don't. I can't explain it, but it's one of the reasons I will be incredibly sad when FM disappears.

D

Deleted member 2457

Not sure to be honest i choose my home cinema system because i knew they would fit together perfectly, i choose it above a 50inch pioneer plasma and a 91 pioneer blu ray player.

So it would go to my amp and speakers because one without the other just would not work for me.

A

Anonymous

I know it's not quite what you're after Max, but the most important system component is my CD collection, without which, well, what's the point? It's all about the music...art over engineering?

A

Anonymous

For me, it would have to be my Isotek mains conditioner as its been with me through my last 3 systems. Maybe not my fave component, but one I feel I am happy with and will never need to change/upgrade.

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
My MA silver 8is. Ive thrashed them to death at times and they still sound like new. The power thats capable from them is jaw dropping at times

Id also have to shout out about my 'Balanced Mains Transformer'. The difference its made is staggering

A

Anonymous

I should say my Marantz CD52SE. It was bought for me by my then girlfriend. It was really expensive compared to her wage and a total surprise. It is still going strong and used regularly in our second system. It must be about 7 years old now. In reality it would be my Touch. iuse it daily for listening to music at work in the office, out on site and in the van travelling about. It's my main link to my music collection.

A

Anonymous

Mine would be the Focal 826W. Australia only received 50 pair so I am pretty stoked i have a limited edition speaker. Other than the great sound I get out of them the look always gets me. The side panels are finished in Satin imperial red. In the dark they are more of a dark red and depending on the amount of sunlight filtering in they change all the way to quite a bright (nearly pink) red.

A

Anonymous

My MK 150`s

just brilliant, the best cinema room speaker I have ever heard

but I`ve just fitted an Antimode 8033c to control the LFE, its the cheapest and best upgrade I have ever done.

A

Anonymous

1st favourite (love 'em!!): Spendor SA1

2nd favourite (classic!): Chord Chameleon Silver Plus IC

gbhsi1

Mar 5, 2008
Visit site
maxflinn:
ive put this in the home cinema system , but it can be anything av related ..

anyways , from all your av gear , is there any one product that you like the most ? that has exceeded your expectations ? that you think you will keep for a long time ? basically do you have a favourite component ? for whatever reason ..

mine are my rx6 speakers , i love them , they are not high end , but they are not budget either , they are beautifully built , and now that they are run in they sound better than ever , i honestly dont see myself selling them for a long time ..

whats your fav ?
emotion-1.gif

I would have to say my Pro-ject Experience 2 turntable. Followed by my neat motive 2 speakers

A

Anonymous

lduck: I would have to say the music and films I play through my system, without them where would we be....
emotion-1.gif

what a dam good answer
emotion-21.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts