WhatHiFi - So, tell us more about the Panasonic SA-BX500

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Now that the Sony 2400 has been shelved indefinately, can you tell us a bit more about the Panasonic SA-BX500?

A nice start would be release dates and prices - and some confirmed specs would also be nice
emotion-1.gif

I know you guys were working on a shoot out between this unit and the other standard contenders (Denon AVR-1909, Yamaha DSP-AX763, Onkyo TX-SR606 and Pioneer VSX 918 ) - but i fear this has now been shelved because of the Sony glitch.

I don't expect the Panny to beat this lot, but as it turns out most of my kit is now Panasonic - simply because they provided units that meet my requirements and price range - not because I'm a Panasonic nut
emotion-5.gif
. So it's just out of curiosity how the 'Dark Horse' in the line up would fare.

G

A

Anonymous

Must be top secret then as WhatHiFi aren't letting the cat out the bag
emotion-5.gif

Did find this on the web - but not sure how accurate it is with regards to the European version??? Also no mention of any upscaling/conveting. Any clues WhatHiFi?

http://panasonic.net/pavc/blu-ray/sa-bx500/

g

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Not any great secret - just when the review was held back we kind of put the testing on hold.

Should now be in First Tests in November issue, but the informal summary from one of the review crew I just asked was along the lines of "don't hold your breath".

£400. Claimed at 150W per channel. 3 HDMI ins. Full HD audio decoding. Automatic calibration. Optional wireless speakers. Optional iPod dock.

And no, no scaling or conversion.

A

Anonymous

Cool - thanks for that Andrew...

Wasn't expecting too much - but then again didn't what to find out down the line that they had suprise package hidden away...

G

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts