What would you change?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I need some advice! I have 500 pounds to spend on e-bay, my syestem is a musical fidelity xa1 amp, x-ray cd player and a pair of b&w cm2's. where should the money be spent? source, amp or speakers? im looking to give my system a new lease of life so any prouduct suggestions would be great..

A

Anonymous

Upgrade the speakers. The XA-1 is about 40W, isn't it? So you'll want a fairly sensitive pair of speakers, at least 89db. And you could also get the X10-D and X-PSU (which reminds me, i must put mine on ebay as i can't use them anymore).

A

Anonymous

I had the x10-d but sold it, i regret that but hey ho. Does the power supply you mentioned make much of a difference? is it used on the x-ray? or the amp? maybe we could agree a sell..

A

Anonymous

Sadly not, the x-psu v3 i have is used for the x-dac, x-10 (and could also be used for the x-can & phono). The xpsu makes a significant improvement to each of these

A

Anonymous

You'd probably be able to get a pair of new monitor audio GS10's for a monkey on ebay.

I got my GR20's for 700 beans..... dambit!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Monitor-Audio-Gold-Reference-20-Tower-Speakers_W0QQitemZ110205304545QQihZ001QQcategoryZ32861QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem?_trksid=p1638.m118

Mind you, that is in the states, but thats 100 quid less than what I paid and I bet the come without a whacking great dent in the corner!

If you want floorstanders of course...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts