What vinyl are you listening to?

Page 50 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

blackholesun

Sep 26, 2010
Visit site
I love both Soundgarden and RATM. Yet I can't stand Audioslave. I do have their eponymous debut and it just gathers dust on a shelf. It's like an album that lacks something. I don't know. I truly hope the reunited Soundgarden can produce a comeback album at least as good as AiC did.

margetti

May 29, 2008
Visit site
61HXP129YSL._SS500_.jpg

Jason36

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
Jason36 said:
I can highly recomment the Robert Plant LP if you like him and the Alan Parsons Project I bought was a bit of a punt but is excellent.

All in all £13.00 very well spent :) :)

I'm glad you enjoyed The Alan Parsons Project, as it was one that I recommended to Bretty some time back (along with 10cc - Deceptive Bends / Wynton Marsalis - Haydn Trumpet Concerto), as I hadn't seen it mentioned on here. Cno

Funilly enough I'm giving it a spin again now....I'm really impressed with it actually. I'd never heard any of their stuff until I bought this and I am well chuffed with the quality after a clean.

Also gave this a spin before The Alan Parsons Project:

Another purchase from the 10 for £6.00 choice yesterday.

To be honest I haven't had a dudd record out of the 11 I bought :)

Jason36

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
Jason36 said:
I can highly recomment the Robert Plant LP if you like him and the Alan Parsons Project I bought was a bit of a punt but is excellent.

I'm glad you enjoyed The Alan Parsons Project, as it was one that I recommended to Bretty some time back (along with 10cc - Deceptive Bends / Wynton Marsalis - Haydn Trumpet Concerto), as I hadn't seen it mentioned on here. Cno

Funilly enough I'm giving it a spin again now....I'm really impressed with it actually. I'd never heard any of their stuff until I bought this and I am well chuffed with the quality after a clean.

mitch65

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Jason36 said:
CnoEvil said:
Jason36 said:

Great album Jason, I have it CD and vinyl and the vinyl is just so much better!

Jason36

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site

Def Leppard Hysteria

Their best studio album in my opinion and probably sums up the whole 80's hard rock thing...Catchy, Punchy and Fun. Sounds as good in 2011 as it did in the 1980's....especially on vinyl!! :)

Jason36

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
Following Smuggs recent post, I pulled my copy of this out for a spin. Not played it since I bought the 1042 cartridge and I must say it sounds exquisite now with the new cartidge and tecno-weight :)

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
I found 2 7" singles, from way back, in the back of the Iron Maiden box-set on Saturday.

Givin em a spin now:

First up:

2201561294_c0aa806b1e.jpg

The Eve of the war - Ben Liebrand re-mix.

This is making me laugh, 'cos it's so of it's time. The B-side is pure late 80's dance. LOVE IT!!!

Next up is:

bring%20your%20daughter%20pic%207.jpg

Iron Maiden - Bring your daughter to the slaughter. Limited edition 'Brain Pack' picture disc.

Seems that this is pretty rare. It's going for £20+ at a couple of places. Nice.

Jason36

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
DIB said:
61takN9TO4L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

This is a cracker. So much better than his recent efforts.

Ive been looking at getting this for the last month or so and have been holding off as I wasnt sure how good it would be.

I take it you would recommend it then DIB's and worth a purchase?

Having watched the documentary on Queen last night I am spinning

415BN0JDTAL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Jason36 said:
DIB said:
61takN9TO4L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

This is a cracker. So much better than his recent efforts.

Ive been looking at getting this for the last month or so and have been holding off as I wasnt sure how good it would be.

I take it you would recommend it then DIB's and worth a purchase?

If you like JB then you'll know roughly what you're going to get, he doesn't exactly push any boundaries does he? Well IMO "Black Rock" and "Ballad of John Henry" were not his best, and I was not going to bother with this one. However, listened to it on Spotify first, enjoyed it and as the new vinyl is only £9.99, thought I'd give it a whirl.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts