What vinyl are you listening to?

Page 27 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
An old Liberty/United Artists Records sampler from the early 70's.

99p if I remember rightly.. From the days when sampler LP's at 99p were all I could afford.

41dJp5vvk0L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Hawkwind, Groundhogs, Amon Duul, Man, If, Canned Heat and many more.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Re Joe 10155 and the Supertramp albums.

That's a band that I only know through the singles and have never listened to their albums. I was out yesterday and whilst listening to Rock FM they played Take The Long Road Home, and I thought to myself what a brilliant song that was and promised myself that I'd give Spotify a whirl to listen to some more. I think both those albums are on there so I'm going to investigate further.

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
DIB:

That's a band that I only know through the singles and have never listened to their albums. I was out yesterday and whilst listening to Rock FM they played Take The Long Road Home, and I thought to myself what a brilliant song that was and promised myself that I'd give Spotify a whirl to listen to some more. I think both those albums are on there so I'm going to investigate further.

And don't forget Breakfast In America.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

shooter69:BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW:
shooter69:
61JajtJs6vL_SL500_AA300_.jpg

emotion-21.gif
Seen them live a few years back, very good musician's..Love Sunshine Hit Me, not on vinyl though, CD only.

Saw them a few months ago, great tunes, great harmonies, and excellent multi-instrument musicians.

Can't understand why they're not more popular.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Picked this original copy up at a charity shop for 50p, not perfect, but very playable.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW:

Saw them a few months ago, great tunes, great harmonies, and excellent multi-instrument musicians.

Can't understand why they're not more popular.

Reminds me of the old joke about the record label boss... "You can't sing, you can't play, you can't dance... You'll go far"

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

DIB:
This is such a joyous LP...

I've got it, but have never got round to playing it yet. Maybe I should...

shropshire lad

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
Lost Angeles:DIB:

And don't forget Breakfast In America.

DIB,

If you listen to Breakfast In America and you like it you can have my ( well , it's the missus's really) copy of the LP. Because I don't care for it . While I'm at it I can send you all of her Michael Jackson stuff as well !

I'm a bit like you , in that I only know their well known stuff , but I have no urge to explore their music any further . I do like "Dreamer" though .

Changing the subject , I gave Empty Glass a listen . I think I'll have to give it a few more listens before I commit myself to an opinion . I can say that I'm not wild about " Jules and Jim".

Nick

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Hey Nick,

It would be a funny old world if we all liked the same stuff.

I'll see your Michael Jackson and raise you my wife's Bay City Rollers LP's if you like.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
41nNaj5WmAL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

These were a good live band many years ago, might still be. However, I've seen Glenn Tilbrook solo live a couple of times and he's great value, a good time was had by all.

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
im sorry cant list classics as ive been on the vinyl 8 months so tonight its been mainly new ones.

adele -21

xx-xx

beady eye-differant gear/still speeding

and for LA and DIB and other lads who were around in the 90s i tried a past down

albert ayler - music is the healing force. i have nearly 200 past down records from the late 70's so ill try and clean and play one each night

shropshire lad

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
Lost Angeles:

DIB. The other Supertramp album to listen to is " Even in the Quietest Moments"

I could throw my Faust tapes album in the pot.

Faust Tapes ? Now you are really raising the stakes .

I'll have to throw in :

Imagination Body Talk

5 Star Silk and Steel

and Billy Ocean Love Zone .

It looks as if this could get nasty !

Nick

Jason36

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site

Both New Purchases from a local Music Shop

These will be followed by other new purchases today from my local charity shop...all for 49p each and include:

Carole King - Tapestry

REO Speedwagon - Hi Infidelity

Best of The Doobies

Best of The Doobies Volume II

Terence Trent D'Arby - Introducing the Hardline

Frank Sinatra - Greatest Hits Vol II

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

I was hoping the 666th reply on this posting would be for Number Of The Beast by Iron Maiden, unfortunately it only mentioned Imagination, Five Star and Billy Ocean.

I can see the devil in their work, but it doesn't quite have the same impact. Shame.

shropshire lad

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW:

I was hoping the 666th reply on this posting would be for Number Of The Beast by Iron Maiden, unfortunately it only mentioned Imagination, Five Star and Billy Ocean.

I can see the devil in their work, but it doesn't quite have the same impact. Shame.

Sorry , BIGBERNARD , I didn't realise what the number of my last reply was , and you're not wrong about seeing the Devil in their work , however, according to Steven Fry , I believe, 666 is not the number of the Beast but 999. And I should know ,

Old Nick !

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

The devil in a police uniform, that's scarier than 5 Star and Imagination combined........................well, nearly.

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
Jason36:

.49p? You realise you got yourself a MASSIVE bargain there, mate? More of a bargain than 'Vitalogy'. On the rare occasions i've seen it for sale, it's gone for silly money.

Well done you. You b*****d!
emotion-2.gif

Jason36

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
bretty:Jason36:

.49p? You realise you got yourself a MASSIVE bargain there, mate? More of a bargain than 'Vitalogy'. On the rare occasions i've seen it for sale, it's gone for silly money.

Well done you. You b*****d!
emotion-2.gif

Seriously????

I wasnt even thinking about that.....I was browsing through LP's and saw it......I remembered owning it on casette when it first came out when I must have been something like 14 or 15 and listened to it pretty much constantly.....I just thought it would be a good album form my teenage years to own on Viynl.

I must say its in vitualy mint condition (the viynl is perfect with no marks or scratches and plays fantastically).

Sounds like I got a bargain there then at .49p
emotion-2.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts