What vinyl are you listening to?

Page 54 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
None of this new fangled vinyl tonight, it's strictly old school LP's (when all albums were thick!)

214CWy77c1L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

41LREFqubnL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

41PV4dgSXOL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Jason36

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
5 new purchases for me today:

41UI3XQIytL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I've wanted this for a while...and as I was flicking through the LP's in Oxfam, there it was....£1.99 and pefect condition, in fact I would say near Mint for both LP and sleave.

10CC - Deceptive Bends

Lloyd Cole and the Commotions - Mainstream

413CHNJR1ZL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

This one was more expensive but again in Near Mint Condition for both Album and Sleeve

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Deceptive-B...=sr_1_2?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1307816651&sr=1-2

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Jason

10cc Deceptive Bends - Great album and one off my favorites.....hope you enjoy it. :)

Mark Knopfler also brilliant - a good days work.

Cno

Jason36

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
Jason 10cc Deceptive Bends - Great album and one off my favorites.....hope you enjoy it. :) Mark Knopfler also brilliant - a good days work. Cno

Yep on the Turntable at the moment....and it sounds brilliant, especially through my new X-Can and Sr80i's

Brilliant Album!!

A

Anonymous

I did post this before but he post vanished!?

These were the three lp's I had by the turntable. BTW, Im a big Alex Harvey fan too! great LP's

4146FEBYGEL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

41meHerA%2BQL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Les%20Sort.jpg

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
A nice thoughtful, some would say gloomy, selection this evening.

1) Songs Of Leonard Cohen.

Fantastic 1968 original acquired from my older brother. Stunning.

2) Pink Moon - Nick Drake

Not an original pressing but a recent-ish reissue. Sounds great though.

3) A Countdown To Ecstacy - Steely Dan

Less introspective but no less riveting. The track, My Old School would have been the sig tune if the TV programme Minder had ever had a cool New York makeover. Perhaps.

4) Circuital - My Morning Jacket

The best new thing I've heard this year.

Jason36

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site

The Twilight Singers - Dynamite Steps

Listening to this through my Grado SR80i's and its sounds amazing and very detailed.

I must say that these new Grado's have actually highlighted how poor my Castle speakers are with my electronics :-(

A

Anonymous

Been listening to the first Les Dudek LP. Its a bit Allman Bros ish, Bit Santana ish, Bit FUnky!

51Z79677JKL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

audioaffair

Feb 21, 2009
Visit site
Listened to the RTI release of Van Morrison's "Moondance" today. Stunning album - only just really discovered Van Morrison's music. Sounds mighty impressive on our SME Model 10!

shropshire lad

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
DIB said:
One of the greatest rock albums ever commited to vinyl...

51nUFa4V%2BEL._SS500_.jpg

I was big into Spirit at the end of the Seventies and saw them at the Reading Festival in 1978 . I haven't really listened to much of their stuff in years , other than Future Games , which is my favourite album of theirs .I guess I need to go and dust my copy off and give it an airing ,

Nick

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
shropshire lad said:
DIB said:

I was big into Spirit at the end of the Seventies and saw them at the Reading Festival in 1978 . I haven't really listened to much of their stuff in years , other than Future Games , which is my favourite album of theirs .I guess I need to go and dust my copy off and give it an airing , Nick

Future Games is plain weird! Definitely not a place to start if you want to get into Spirit. I've got it on a CD two-fer along with Spirit of '84", I must get it in the van tomorrow to give it another listen to see if my view has changed.

I saw Spirit/Randy California around about that time, and man did he look ill, painfully thin. Great player still but his best days were behind him, which at about 28 is saying something.

shropshire lad

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
DIB said:
shropshire lad said:
DIB said:

I was big into Spirit at the end of the Seventies and saw them at the Reading Festival in 1978 . I haven't really listened to much of their stuff in years , other than Future Games , which is my favourite album of theirs .I guess I need to go and dust my copy off and give it an airing , Nick

Future Games is plain weird! Definitely not a place to start if you want to get into Spirit. I've got it on a CD two-fer along with Spirit of '84", I must get it in the van tomorrow to give it another listen to see if my view has changed.

I saw Spirit/Randy California around about that time, and man did he look ill, painfully thin. Great player still but his best days were behind him, which at about 28 is saying something.

That's interesting , I've always thought Future Games was different but not weird , maybe it's because I also listen to the likes of Cabaret Voltaire and their ilk . The last track on side two is my favourite .
I also saw Randy California in the early Eighties but can't remember how he looked but I guess you are right he had peeked some time previously .
What amazed me was to learn that his step father , Ed Cassidy , is still alive and in his late eighties .

Nick

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts