What vinyl are you listening to?

Page 31 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
41l89wS-S9L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Forward he cried from the rear and the Front rank died. And the general sat and
the lines on the map moved from side to side.

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
LA your a git you have so many awesome records i want both of the above.

i am giving a good clean copy of the who-whos next a spin picked it up for around £6 then i might give my broken bells lp a spin

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
smuggs said:

Flattery will get you no where!
smiley-smile.gif

No Dark Side Of The Moon amongst those 200 seventies albums?
Is it you who's getting Bridge of Sighs ? have you played it yet?
If you've got this give it a spin or if not it's on Spotify. Let me no if you enjoy it.
51qHlOBGE9L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
smuggs said:

Flattery will get you no where!
smiley-smile.gif

No Dark Side Of The Moon amongst those 200 seventies albums?
Is it you who's getting Bridge of Sighs ? have you played it yet?
If you've got this give it a spin or if not it's on Spotify. Let me no if you enjoy it.
51qHlOBGE9L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Managed to post this twice- Magic our maurice!

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
elo.jpg

I sometimes wonder how ELO would have developed if Roy Wood had stayed in the band? So, we just have this one album with Lynne and Wood together and I think it contains some real gems. Incidentally, I was just on Amazon and was amazed at how cheap some of the ELO albums are. No good to me because I already have them all but `Eldorado` (my personal fave) and `Out Of The Blue` at £2.99(originally a double) are almost cheap enough to make me want to buy them again!

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
pendragon.jpg

Nick and the boys in Pendragon were entering a real purple patch as they recorded this album. Wonderful guitar and keyboard work and thought provoking subject matter. I love their album covers also and I`m particulary pleased I bought this album on vinyl as well as cd. If you get a chance to have a quick listen on You Tube try `Am I Really Losing You?` and see what you think.

Pendragon - `The Window Of Life`

mitch65

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
survivor said:
elo.jpg

I sometimes wonder how ELO would have developed if Roy Wood had stayed in the band? So, we just have this one album with Lynne and Wood together and I think it contains some real gems. Incidentally, I was just on Amazon and was amazed at how cheap some of the ELO albums are. No good to me because I already have them all but `Eldorado` (my personal fave) and `Out Of The Blue` at £2.99(originally a double) are almost cheap enough to make me want to buy them again!

It's funny, I hadn't listened to ELO for years but over the last couple of weeks I've started buying their records at a cost of £1-£3 so far. I consider these purchases an absolute bargain for the memories they bring back and of how good a band they actually were.

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
mitch65 said:
survivor said:
elo.jpg

It's funny, I hadn't listened to ELO for years but over the last couple of weeks I've started buying their records at a cost of £1-£3 so far. I consider these purchases an absolute bargain for the memories they bring back and of how good a band they actually were.

Nice one! Price wise it`s incredible to think you can pick these up for roughly the same price they cost when they were first released thirty five years ago! I can remember buying `A New World Record` from Woolworths in Burnt Oak (near Edgware) for £2.50. Aaah, the memories...

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
olivia.jpg

Olivia Newton-John - `Totally Hot` Isn`t she just! Back on topic, when I was at school in my class I used to run our own pop charts and I remember the first single from this album called `A Little More Love` being number one for several weeks. I know, I know I should have been concentrating on schoolwork. Oh well, too late now.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Came back from a record fair today with a handful of LP's, majority of which were from the £2 each or 6 for £10 rack.

At those prices I didn't really check the quality, you just take a punt don't you? Not a great fair to be honest, different organiser to the usual one, and there were a lot less stalls than normal. Anyway managed to pick up a variety of vinyl, and currently playing this one which is in great nick..

61LJWdVHr9L._SS500_.jpg

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
DIB said:
Came back from a record fair today with a handful of LP's, majority of which were from the £2 each or 6 for £10 rack.

At those prices I didn't really check the quality, you just take a punt don't you? Not a great fair to be honest, different organiser to the usual one, and there were a lot less stalls than normal. Anyway managed to pick up a variety of vinyl, and currently playing this one which is in great nick..

61LJWdVHr9L._SS500_.jpg

You`ve got some great lp covers in your collection. The Procol Harum one is another gem!

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
physical.jpg

Led Zeppelin - `Physical Graffiti` Double vinyl When I first got into Zeppelin it took me sometime to really get into this album but it was worth the effort.

Jason36

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
Just got back in from my local second hand record store with my new purchases....wich will be taking a spin this afternoon.....including:

Cat Stevens - Tea for the Tillerman

Jimi Hendrix Experience Radio One

The Doors - Waiting for the Sun

Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon

Styx - Best Of

Linda Ronstadt - Simple Dreams

Whitney Houston - Whitney (not my choice, but the other half wanted it)

Currently playing Cat Stevens

:)

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
Jason36 said:
Just got back in from my local second hand record store with my new purchases....wich will be taking a spin this afternoon.....including: Cat Stevens - Tea for the Tillerman Jimi Hendrix Experience Radio One The Doors - Waiting for the Sun Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon Styx - Best Of Linda Ronstadt - Simple Dreams Whitney Houston - Whitney (not my choice, but the other half wanted it) Currently playing Cat Stevens :)

A great selection indeed!

Jason36

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
survivor said:
Jason36 said:
Just got back in from my local second hand record store with my new purchases....wich will be taking a spin this afternoon.....including: Cat Stevens - Tea for the Tillerman Jimi Hendrix Experience Radio One The Doors - Waiting for the Sun Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon Styx - Best Of Linda Ronstadt - Simple Dreams Whitney Houston - Whitney (not my choice, but the other half wanted it) Currently playing Cat Stevens :)

:)

Thanks Survivor.....

Wanted most of these for a while, other than Styx and Whitney.......Thought I would buy the Styx album as have seen a couple of people on hear playing various Styx Albums and at £4.00 it was worth a punt :)

Currently playing Jimi Hendrix now and this is a brilliant album in excellent condition...not bad for £7.00

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
Jason36 said:
survivor said:
Jason36 said:

:) Thanks Survivor..... Wanted most of these for a while, other than Styx and Whitney.......Thought I would buy the Styx album as have seen a couple of people on hear playing various Styx Albums and at £4.00 it was worth a punt :) Currently playing Jimi Hendrix now and this is a brilliant album in excellent condition...not bad for £7.00

I`ve got that Hendrix album but sadly only on cd. I`d be well chuffed to find that for £7.00 so well played there. No shame in owning a bit of Whitney. I have the first album on vinyl and cd and the second album on cd plus a two disc best of which I think belongs to the missus? Plus a couple of singles. She had some very strong ballads out in the late 80`s. Many find Styx a little too `pompy` but you shouldn`t go too far wrong with a best of. `Tea For The Tillerman` is not only a terrific album but it also has one of my favourite covers. All the best.

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
stranglers-1.jpg

The Stranglers - `Rattus Norvegicus:1V` I remember more than one or two guys at school walking around with this album tucked underneath their arms. Probably the bands finest hour though they did have one or two decent attempts at topping it.

Jason36

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
survivor said:
stranglers-1.jpg

The Stranglers - `Rattus Norvegicus:1V` I remember more than one or two guys at school walking around with this album tucked underneath their arms. Probably the bands finest hour though they did have one or two decent attempts at topping it.

I bought The Stranglers - Decades Apart on CD the other day...it was on special offer in Tesco...2 CD greatest hits :) Reminds me of my teenage years!!

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
Jason36 said:
survivor said:
stranglers-1.jpg

I bought The Stranglers - Decades Apart on CD the other day...it was on special offer in Tesco...2 CD greatest hits :) Reminds me of my teenage years!!

Funny enough I bought the same cd for my sister last christmas. It was in the two for a tenner section in HMV. Fantasic value at £5.00 for a double cd set. Still thinking of getting it myself as I`ve three different compilations by the Stranglers and the double would be a good way of getting most of the best stuff in one package. Teenage years indeed, I remember people bouncing around (myself included)to `No More Heroes` at the school disco. Some of the punks couldn`t understand how it was that I enjoyed the New Wave music and Abba! I left them scratching their heads. Good days.

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
taylordane.jpg

Taylor Dayne - `Tell It To My Heart` A punchy production and Taylor Dayne`s impressive lungs sets her apart from most of her contemporaries.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts