What vinyl are you listening to?

Page 32 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
516d1jud2FL._SS500_.jpg

My very first LP, bought for me at Xmas by my mum, way back in time (1969 I think), and considering the stick it had in my youth still sounding quite remarkably good to this day.

Jason36

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
Still cant use Rich Text Format and hence cant post bloody pictures!!!

But at the moment I have on Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon (New purchase this afternoon)

Unfortunately by the sound of it, it could do with a clean :-(

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
I've given all todays record fair's purchases a good cleaning with the Knosti ( using for the first time my own solution... roughly 1 part isopropynol, 4 parts distilled water, and a few drops of rinse aid ) and if I do say so myself my solution leaves no marks or residue unlike the stuff supplied with the kit.
smiley-smile.gif

Anyways, bought another J.J.Cale LP and it's a cracker, both quality wise and the sound. It's a gorgeous record, beatifully recorded and it is really showing off the fantastic soundstage that my Systemdek/PM8003/EB1 system is capable of.

A real find, and from the 6 for a tenner crate too!

515-NjRyjvL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
It's turning out to have been a good trip out today, just finished this one..

413X2C15J0L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Yo Frankie - Dion.

Wonderful singer, great songs, and great production by Dave Edmunds. Another one from the bargain bucket.

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
DIB said:
Came back from a record fair today with a handful of LP's, majority of which were from the £2 each or 6 for £10 rack.

At those prices I didn't really check the quality, you just take a punt don't you? Not a great fair to be honest, different organiser to the usual one, and there were a lot less stalls than normal. Anyway managed to pick up a variety of vinyl, and currently playing this one which is in great nick..

61LJWdVHr9L._SS500_.jpg

The title track was one of the last singles I ever bought, a long time ago.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
41n-VcAXiCL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

You listen to the production on this and you can tell straight away "80's"! On the sleeve notes they boldly state "..this album was recorded entirely on digital equipment".

Not bad, but there again not great either. Cost me less than £2 so no harm done
smiley-smile.gif

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Last one for the evening, another £2 special, again in excellent condition. I must be pretty lucky, I bought 8 LP's yesterday for the grand total of £19, and everyone has been in belting nick.

51qHlOBGE9L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
Lost Angeles said:
41jdBTTvn1L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Pat Benatar " Crimes Of Passion" I've not seen anyone else list any Pat Benatar on these forums.

It was sometime ago but I listed `In The Heat Of The Night` in the what are you listening to thread before the vinyl one began. I used to be a pretty big fan and I have `Heat of Night`, `Crimes..`,`Best Shots`, `Wide Awake..`, `Seven The..`,`Tropico`,`Precious Time` and `Get Nervous` on vinyl plus `True Love` on cd. Just haven`t played them in awhile. Your post however has got me looking at websites to find a decent compilation on cd which I could really do with and it`s also made me feel rather nostalgic for the times when these albums were released. I`ve suddenly realised it`s been far too long since I heard `All Fired Up`, `Fire and Ice` and `Don`t Walk Away` to name just a few. Cheers.

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
piecesofeight.jpg

Styx - `Pieces Of Eight` My favourite Styx album. Some clever marketing by the band put an EP of tracks from previous albums inside `Pieces of Eight`. When they had a worldwide smash with `Babe` from the next album, `Cornerstone` they put `I`m OK` one of the best tracks from `Pieces` on the b-side. All of my early ELO singles also had tracks from previous albums which is a great way to encourage more recent fans to backtrack through the bands catalogue. Although of course there are bound to be long time supporters of the group who would of prefered new material.

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
smiths-1.jpg

The Smiths - `The Queen Is Dead` Had this on cd only for many years and finally got a vinyl copy in 2009 when it was re-issued. Why did it take me so long? Oh well. Still as entertaining now as when it first came out. There`s an in depth article on the album in the current issue of Mojo.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts