What vinyl are you listening to?

Page 30 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
the robert cray band - bad influence awesome near mint

eric clapton - journeyman - near mint

carole king-trapestry - great sound but i have alot of background nosie so i may try one another clean but i will look out for a better copy as my sleeve is mint.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
smuggs said:
the robert cray band - bad influence awesome near mint

Great minds eh?

I'm playing this one at the mo..

51FCEdpV2eL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

A record fair buy last year for £3 or £4, in excellent nick.

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
after pay day i am going hunt a good copy of strong persuader i like right next door and smoking gun both on my 700song spotify playlist.

LA and DIB ive just won a ex+ (media) ex- (sleeve) copy of robin trower bridge of sighs for a total 0f £6.84 so happy with that i cant wait to get my spotify fav in this place on the platter

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
smuggs said:
after pay day i am going hunt a good copy of strong persuader i like right next door and smoking gun both on my 700song spotify playlist.

LA and DIB ive just won a ex+ (media) ex- (sleeve) copy of robin trower bridge of sighs for a total 0f £6.84 so happy with that i cant wait to get my spotify fav in this place on the platter

Congratulations, hope it's a great copy. I wonder what else from the 70s we can influence you with.
Probably not what I played earlier

41H0GER4BWL._SS500_.jpg

Atomic Rooster "Death Walks Behind You"

Maybe an acquired taste.

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
Clare Newsome said:
Another of my recent Bristol Show purchases - Nina Simone recorded live in New York in 1957. Sounds astonishing :)

nina_simone-legendary_first_recording.jpg

And the bonus CD will come in handy to rip for the iPod

My other half has a plethora of Nina LPs, but not this one. She espied it when I was browsing this thread. Clare, I'm guessing it's a good pressing and a good price too?

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Lost Angeles said:
smuggs said:

Congratulations, hope it's a great copy. I wonder what else from the 70s we can influence you with.
Probably not what I played earlier

41H0GER4BWL._SS500_.jpg

Atomic Rooster "Death Walks Behind You"

Maybe an acquired taste.

A taste I acquired a while back but I've only got that on CD. It's a cracker.

The track "Tomorrow Night" just takes me right back to the 5th year at school.

A

Anonymous

Jesu - Lifeline

Loudon Wainwright III - Album III

The Divine Comedy - Bang Goes The Nighthood

The Corries - Live From Scotland Vol 1 (Glasgow City Hall 1974)

mitch65

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
bretty said:
mitch65 said:
Think I might sneak in their tomorrow afternoon - it's got to be a steal at a quid! :)

No news on the arm front yet, I'm hoping to hear sometime over the next few days as it's quite possible that I may start getting a bit narked

My arm arrived, this morning, which is great, but I think I may have similar trouble to you with having to wait for the DC motor and PSU, which are both coming from Michell, I think. I ordered them over a week ago and I've had nothing yet, beyond the confirmation e-mail.

EDIT: that's a coinkydink. I just checked my email after writing this post, and the motor and PSU have been despatched.

I think it's time you got narked, mate. It's been about a month now, hasn't it? Time for them to feel the pain! J)

:((

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
blues.jpg

Gary Moore - `Blues For Greeny` As we all know the quality of records can vary and this is a superb piece of vinyl. Looks and sounds wonderful and I`m pleased I got it on vinyl when it was first released. I was thinking of picking up a copy on cd for the car/computer and I happened to notice some chancer is asking £400 for a copy on Amazon! Blimey.

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
madlove.jpg

Linda Ronstadt - `Mad Love` Not her best album but it certainly does have it`s moments such as `Hurt So Bad` and a rather good rendition of Neil Young`s `Look Out For My Love`. Plus of course it`s always nice to hear Linda`s lovely voice.

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
ifishouldloveagain.jpg

Followed swiftly by one of Barry`s finest. Includes `Somewhere Down The Road`, `The Old Songs`, `If I Should Love Again` and a lovely song you may not have heard before called `No Other Love`.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
survivor said:
. Plus of course it`s always nice to hear Linda`s lovely voice.

If you like Linda Ronstadt,if you haven't heard this then I can't recommend this highly enough ...

5185AP%2BPf9L._SS400_.jpg

I've got it on CD only, not sure if it's on vinyl, but this 2006 release is one of the most beautiful recordings I've ever heard and it is one of my alltime favourite albums. It's one of those rare albums where every track is great, you don't feel inclined to skip anything. Sung partly in English and in Cajun French, don't let that put you off. It's stunning.

A

Anonymous

I am lucky guy, i found many smart posts on your website, thank buddy !
tabletki na odchudzanie

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
DIB said:
survivor said:
. Plus of course it`s always nice to hear Linda`s lovely voice.

If you like Linda Ronstadt,if you haven't heard this then I can't recommend this highly enough ...

5185AP%2BPf9L._SS400_.jpg

I've got it on CD only, not sure if it's on vinyl, but this 2006 release is one of the most beautiful recordings I've ever heard and it is one of my alltime favourite albums. It's one of those rare albums where every track is great, you don't feel inclined to skip anything. Sung partly in English and in Cajun French, don't let that put you off. It's stunning.

No, I haven`t heard this album so thanks very much indeed for the recommendation!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts