What to do with headphones when not in use?

Samd

insider9 said:
Looking for a method to store my AKG? Seen some stand but are they stable enough and worth the money? What other methods you do use? Hooks? Bags? Drawer?

Thanks

Not sure where to buy one but the head of a mannequin would be ideal and suit most layouts.

D

Deleted member 108165

I've tried all manner of stands with varying degrees of success, (best to blue-tack the stand base to stable furniture). But I now use these: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Konig-Meyer-Bracket-Holder-Headphone/dp/B005MZKCJM

Personally I wouldn't go the mannequin head route as I prefer to keep the clamping force tight, therefore, I store mine in the un-stressed position, (my main go-to headphones are HD650 and SR225).

muljao

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
You could do what I do and put them some place different every time you finish using them, therefore setting out on a new adventure every time you want to use them, sometimes not finding them for days and wondering why you put them in the microwave :)

Samd

DougK said:
I've tried all manner of stands with varying degrees of success, (best to blue-tack the stand base to stable furniture). But I now use these: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Konig-Meyer-Bracket-Holder-Headphone/dp/B005MZKCJM

Personally I wouldn't go the mannequin head route as I prefer to keep the clamping force tight, therefore, I store mine in the un-stressed position, (my main go-to headphones are HD650 and SR225).

Hadn't thought of that. You can tell I don't use headphones!

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Before my B&Ws* I used a cotton drawstring bag in a desk drawer. (Grados, Sennheiser HD6... something or others.)

Our 'workaday' Sennheiser PX100 Mk IIs have their own litlle bags and pop up everywhere (like wire coathangers) given how many pairs i've bought for my wife and myself. The old PX100s (1st gen.) would fall apart after a year with a daughter but the PX100 IIs have all survived!

* My B&W P3s have a hard, 'spectacles case on steroids' to protect them.

muljao said:
You could do what I do and put them some place different every time you finish using them, therefore setting out on a new adventure every time you want to use them, sometimes not finding them for days and wondering why you put them in the microwave :)

Do I detect a hint of early onset Alzhiemers?

Mine currently hang in a wardrobe on a coathanger.

Travelling B&W P7's reside in their supplied and very-ladylike travel / clutch bag

muljao

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
Al ears said:
muljao said:

Do I detect a hint of early onset Alzhiemers?

Mine currently hang in a wardrobe on a coathanger.

Travelling B&W P7's reside in their supplied and very-ladylike travel / clutch bag
I hope not, I've always been bad at misplacing things. I am also very bad with peoples names. It's actually terrible because people think you are really insincere when you avoid there names, even though you've known them all your life. Coat hanger sounds good. I may copy you on that one

insider9

Bag in a drawer was my initial thought but don't see myself keeping the drawers tidy and the access would be somewhat difficult. With AKG providing more detail then both my current sets of speakers I find myself reaching for them quite a bit.

That puts an idea of leaving them in different places every time (however exciting it may be :) ) also on a no pile.

The hook looks the best so far. And I'll give it another day or two before ordering as there might be other ideas.

insider9

DougK said:
I've tried all manner of stands with varying degrees of success, (best to blue-tack the stand base to stable furniture). But I now use these: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Konig-Meyer-Bracket-Holder-Headphone/dp/B005MZKCJM

DougK, thanks that's the most suitable solution for me so far.

Is there a way to fix it to a side of a hifi rack as opposed to screwing it in? Do you reckon it would be ok to velcro it?

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
I have plastic trays that hold 2 headphones each laying down, a medium grey colour, and I park the cables inside the headbands, then throw an appropriate decorative cloth over the tray. It takes up some table space that way, but I've planned my space so that they fit well, and are very handy to get to.

D

Deleted member 108165

insider9 said:

Is there a way to fix it to a side of a hifi rack as opposed to screwing it in? Do you reckon it would be ok to velcro it?

Bracket construction in conjuction with headphone would be too heavy for velcro methinks. Here's a variation on the theme which might work for you:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Konig-Meyer-Holder-Table-Headphone/dp/B005MZKD8M/ref=pd_sbs_267_3?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=8RX361GKZTRZC5VRF2NH

Expensive, but good quality pro-kit.

insider9

DougK said:
insider9 said:

Bracket construction in conjuction with headphone would be too heavy for velcro methinks. Here's a variation on the theme which might work for you:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Konig-Meyer-Holder-Table-Headphone/dp/B005MZKD8M/ref=pd_sbs_267_3?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=8RX361GKZTRZC5VRF2NH

Expensive, but good quality pro-kit.

That's not bad at all. Especially as you could mount it on mic stand (not that I own one anymore) but flexibility in terms of placement is probably worth the extra.

Samd

insider9 said:
DougK said:

Command strip would hold it and give you flexibility in moving it.

D

Deleted member 108165

insider9 said:
That's not bad at all. Especially as you could mount it on mic stand (not that I own one anymore) but flexibility in terms of placement is probably worth the extra.

They actually do one for a mic stand as well! Konig-Meyer do many variations of the standard bracket, have a trawl on Amazon, I'm sure you'll find something which suits your exact requirements *good*

insider9

Samd said:
insider9 said:
DougK said:

Command strip would hold it and give you flexibility in moving it.
Good thinking, thanks

insider9

DougK said:
insider9 said:

They actually do one for a mic stand as well! Konig-Meyer do many variations of the standard bracket, have a trawl on Amazon, I'm sure you'll find something which suits your exact requirements *good*

Yes I've just looked, thanks. Quite a few different options. Dencent reviews and look sturdy. Now only need to decide where to put it and job done :)

insider9

I went with this one

Clicky

Surprisingly well built for £14. Great unit with 5 years warranty.

Still undecided where best to put it. It can be used easily so a non issue really. At the minute attached to the side of my Sound Org stand.

D

Deleted member 108165

You are most welcome sir. This is what this forum is for... we are all friends here. *drinks*

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts