Hybrid Headphone recommendations

Tfselman

Nov 30, 2023
Visit site
I travel via plane very often, so my current headphones are some Bose QC35 ii.

I've recently started enjoying HiFi music. Amongst other things, I bought a Dragonfly Black and subscribed to Tidal HiFi Plus so I can listen to music when away from my home system. While I enjoy the Bose headphones' ANC to watch movies on an ipad while flying, when I plug them into the Dragonfly to listen to music, I feel like they don't sound as great.

Does anybody recommend another set of cans that include: 1) Bluetooth/ANC for plane time, and 2) better quality sound when plugged in via the USB DAC? Am I being to picky here? Can I have my cake and eat it too?

What do you guys think?

Tfselman

Nov 30, 2023
Visit site
I would suggest you keep the Bose for listening on the move and, buy a pair of wired headphones for listening plugged-in with better sound quality. It would help if you can tell us the budget?
Thanks. My budget would be around $300.
I did think about getting another set of headphones, but that would mean more stuff to lug around in my backpack when I travel.

Are the Sony WX5s any good wired? I see that they’re always winning best Bluetooth headphones.

Tfselman

Nov 30, 2023
Visit site
Thanks. My budget would be around $300.
I did think about getting another set of headphones, but that would mean more stuff to lug around in my backpack when I travel.

Are the Sony WX5s any good wired? I see that they’re always winning best Bluetooth headphones.
Or I could get some $100 or less IEMs if there’s anything worthwile. If so, that would not take up space.

TRENDING THREADS