What subwoofer cables are used when testing speaker packages?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Andy Kerr:
Hi guys, apologies for the belated reply. Gander, I don't think you'll get enough value out of an upgrade unless the cable you're referring to is from the QED Miniature cable range, the ultra-slim design used for low-profile installations. These are perfectly adequate cables, but can equally be improved upon by more conventional, fatter types. But if that's what you've got already - ie the QED Performance, or P-SW, as it used to be known - then I'd say leave it at that.

Good tip on the supporting platforms, by the way. In rooms with a suspended floor (which is most rooms, of course) they can work really well. Positioning in general is a huge subject with subwoofers: get it right and it makes all the difference, as I'm sure you know.

As for M from the Panasonic Store - same again. Crimson's fine, and given the context of your system, perfectly acceptable. Save your cash towards an update on your YSP-1100 instead: being able to access HD Audio (say, via Yamaha's YSP-4100) should be your next aim, I think.

you just got me checking the back of my RSW12! I use the miniature performance and standard power cable. Do you think I'd hear gains by upping the ante?

A

Anonymous

In your system, I'd say yes, definitely. Try the QED Performance or Reference sub interconnects (pick which one suits your budget best, obviously), plus a decent mid-price mains upgrade. The Clearer Audio model I mentioned earlier is a solid start.

Worth checking the drive unit mounting bolts with your sub, too. Love it to bits, that one, but it's a heckuva powerful amp in a smallish, sealed-box enclosure. Give everything a good tighten up if needs be.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Andy Kerr:
In your system, I'd say yes, definitely. Try the QED Performance or Reference sub interconnects (pick which one suits your budget best, obviously), plus a decent mid-price mains upgrade. The Clearer Audio model I mentioned earlier is a solid start.

Worth checking the drive unit mounting bolts with your sub, too. Love it to bits, that one, but it's a heckuva powerful amp in a smallish, sealed-box enclosure. Give everything a good tighten up if needs be.

Cheers Andy - I love it too! I never realised what a sub could give before I bought it.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Andy for your advice. In regards to the YSP-4100, im very tempted but it's most likely that it wont happen as i bought the official stand for the 1100 sound bar and matches the tv perfectly, where as the 4100 does not have a specific stand or if there is, it's not nice as the YEF-ST1 stand that i have now, which is a shame. The Panasonic plasma i have is the brushed steel wireless version which i have on top of the stand which is silver too :(

Who know's, i might plunge my hand in my pocket as ive upgraded my tv 3 times in 3 years, so who know's what might happen?

Regards> M

A

Anonymous

Thanks Andy. I have the one you are referring to (the proper skinny low profile number). I think i will invest in an upgrade right away....

emotion-15.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts