What HEIGHT do I fit LCD on the wall?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
First of all, a bif fat hello to everyone
emotion-2.gif

Could someone please tell me what would be the best height to position a lcd on a wall, I'm looking to fit my 57" lcd on the wall in my living room and I'm not sure what height would be ideal?

Thanks

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Mount it on the wall so that the centre of the screen is at, or slightly - only slightly - above your eye-level when you're sitting in your usual viewing chair.

southdownswolf

Nov 12, 2007
Visit site
Welcome to the forums.

Most people recommend that your eyeline is level with somewhere between the middle and bottom of the screen. Having it this way means that you are sat in a natural way without straining your neck!

matthewpiano

...and don't forget to PLAN the wall-mount first. How will you hide the cables, what sort of bracket functionality do you need (fixed, tilt, or tilt & swivel arm bracket), and where will you place your ancilliary boxes. Remember that a tilt & swivel bracket will need even stronger fixings because when you pull the TV out the weight will transfer with it. We don't want to hear of any TVs coming away from the wall.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
And from experience, many people seem to mount their screens far, far too high.

Probably good for sales of those sofas with reclining seats, though...

get_prod_image.php

A

Anonymous

The advice in the other replies is correct.
Many people put TVs too high on the wall - often above fireplaces and the like.
Have a look at the height of TV stands in somewhere like Comet. The height of the bottom of the tv is about 2ft off the ground.
High up the wall is ok in pubs (so you can see the screen from distance) but not in your front room

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:
And from experience, many people seem to mount their screens far, far too high.

Probably good for sales of those sofas with reclining seats, though...

get_prod_image.php

A damn shame the contents are not included there, I'd buy that for a dollar!

R

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
hifi_nut:A damn shame the contents are not included there, I'd buy that for a dollar!

R

Nope, just checked, and it does say you posted that last night, and not in 1973. Strange...

TRENDING THREADS