What gets you up in the morning?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Be interesting to hear if anyone uses, dare I say it. Clock radio in the morning. This last week, Zane !owe has been deputising for Chris Moyles on the Radio 1 Breakfast Show. He's off the chart. Just what I needed for my first week back at work. I don't seem to listen to Radio 1 as much these days but still have it for my 6.45 wakeup call. Bit of light news and music to ease me out of bed. I think on Wednesday morning after the 7 O Clock news was some of the best radio I've ever heard. What do you think / use to get you up in the morning?

A

Anonymous

JohnDuncan:Mrs JD uses her alarm clock, then drags me out of bed later.

Is your EXTRA time dependent on how good you've been or just what you can get away with?

A

Anonymous

Been a long time since I've had to deal with sleepless nights for that reason. It's amazing what they'll sleep through. I can remember my oldest sleeping through some pretty loud sessions.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Alarm on my backup (Sony Ericsson K750i pay-as-you-go) phone.

iPhone alarm is too 'hit-or-miss' whereas my old (very old) Sony Ericsson phone's alarm has never failed.

JamesOK

May 24, 2008
Visit site
For me its my trusty Pure digital radio. 6.30am ready for Moyles Cheesy Song. I am slowly getting tired of Moyles, and think its probably time for a change, but that bit they do between 6.30 and 7.00am is still great to wake up to. Just a load of chat about random stuff, almost like that chat you have if youre in work early. Works for me.

A

Anonymous

JamesOK:For me its my trusty Pure digital radio. 6.30am ready for Moyles Cheesy Song. I am slowly getting tired of Moyles, and think its probably time for a change, but that bit they do between 6.30 and 7.00am is still great to wake up to. Just a load of chat about random stuff, almost like that chat you have if youre in work early. Works for me.

What did you make of Zane's stint.

A

Anonymous

Trefor Patten:A somewhat overweight and very vocal tabby cat wanting more food.

I have a similar problem with a long hair Ginger Tom called Charlie. You'd think his name was king Charles though, the way he looks at you. It's the early hours with him though, for the same reason. He just gets booted out for his troubles. I'd have thought he'd have worked it out by now.

A

Anonymous

Jase Brown:Be interesting to hear if anyone uses, dare I say it. Clock radio in the morning. This last week, Zane !owe has been deputising for Chris Moyles on the Radio 1 Breakfast Show. He's off the chart. Just what I needed for my first week back at work. I don't seem to listen to Radio 1 as much these days but still have it for my 6.45 wakeup call. Bit of light news and music to ease me out of bed. I think on Wednesday morning after the 7 O Clock news was some of the best radio I've ever heard. What do you think / use to get you up in the morning? nudge nudge wink wink know what i mean.

A

Anonymous

Jase Brown:Be interesting to hear if anyone uses, dare I say it. Clock radio in the morning. This last week, Zane !owe has been deputising for Chris Moyles on the Radio 1 Breakfast Show. He's off the chart. Just what I needed for my first week back at work. I don't seem to listen to Radio 1 as much these days but still have it for my 6.45 wakeup call. Bit of light news and music to ease me out of bed. I think on Wednesday morning after the 7 O Clock news was some of the best radio I've ever heard. What do you think / use to get you up in the morning?

the thought of breakfast
emotion-10.gif

davejberry

Mar 29, 2009
Visit site
Sony clock radio - Radio Marina. 100.3FM out of Blanes, Costa Brava, its a Catalan station that plays a lot of good english language stuff from the last 20 years with a sprinkle of Spanish stuff thrown in.

A

Anonymous

roten:My 7 month old son. He is awake between 6.30 and 7 every morning screaming for breakfast

I know just what you mean. Our alarm is set for 6:45 but the laddo can join us in bed anytime after 5:00. Once he's in our bed then sleep time is over it's just a waiting game for the alarm to go off. We've been luck lately we've he's slept in to around 7:15-7:30. It's meant I've been able to have the 3 esses in peace.
emotion-2.gif

JamesOK

May 24, 2008
Visit site
Jase Brown:JamesOK:For me its my trusty Pure digital radio. 6.30am ready for Moyles Cheesy Song. I am slowly getting tired of Moyles, and think its probably time for a change, but that bit they do between 6.30 and 7.00am is still great to wake up to. Just a load of chat about random stuff, almost like that chat you have if youre in work early. Works for me.

What did you make of Zane's stint.

Didnt hear all of them, but I thought it made a nice change. I quite like Zane, in the evening at least. He wouldnt make a breakfast show presenter full time.

Miggs

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Big Chris:

Tuned to Planet Rock.

Bit like yourself Big Chris, always listen to planet rock at home and in the car (use pure higway). Alarm is set on the mobile for 7am but always wake up before it goes off. Go downstairs for some porridge or whoalmeal toast, maybe a cup of coffee. Then off to work.

Miggs.

PS: Are them Chronos thingy's any good. I was thinking of getting one a few months back and never did.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Miggs:Big Chris:

Tuned to Planet Rock.

PS: Are them Chronos thingy's any good. I was thinking of getting one a few months back and never did.

I wouldn't use it for continued 'serious' listening, but for the bedroom it's perfectly adequate.

Diamond Joe

Mar 1, 2008
Visit site
I'm like Plastic Penguin, I do not like early mornings so I have my Pure Evoke 1s gently rouse me from my slumber with the soothing tones of Radio 2, although I've heard that Vanessa Feltz is coming to the early morning show so I think I'll have to find another station. And I'm barely human until I've had a large cuppa tea.

Red Dragon

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Like many others here, our little baby girl gets us going...very considerably at 7:30ish most mornings (after 10 hours sleep!!) with a lot of gooing and gaaing and a big smile...it's the perfect way to start any day and long may it continue...
smiley-smile.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts