what do you think?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I know, I know im asking again but this is the last time, what do you think of this system im going to get?

* Monitor Audio Silver RS6's £650

* Roksan Kandy Mk III amplifier £650

And

* Marantz CD6002 cd player ( I think thats what its called...) £270

Total = £1570

I've gave it all an audition and it sounds fantastic in my opinion, it doesnt sound too 'bright' but it sounds very smooth. Plus with the roksan amp... it makes such an amazing difference, the bass on the speakers is so smooth and not, " ouch my head hurts" sort of thing... either way thanks for persuading me to go and audition a hi-fi amplifier instead of a home cinema amplifer, it makes an amzing difference. I also think may dads going to buy one soon also for his linn akito turntable, but he needs one with either a phono stage or one without and then buying a better phono stage adaptor box later...

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
naim is holmes, if you like it (and auditioned it, ideally at home!) where's the problem?

Bear in mind we all like or listen out for different things so with this in mind I personally would choose a Cyrus8vs2, 8 player and Rega's R3 speakers. With a few discounts that should come in a little above your 1.5k but what a system! Just my opinion but if you have'nt commited yourself to your options try and listen to mine if you have a chance.

A

Anonymous

ok drummerman i will thanks for the sytem reccomendation.

batonwielder

May 13, 2008
Visit site
I can't imagine it not being bright. For classical/jazz I would stay away from both Roksan and Monitor Audio. Try the Rega R3's with their own Brio 3. For less money you will have a better sounding system. You can also do better with the CD player or get quality cables.

A

Anonymous

well trust me batonwielder the system sounds good mainly with e.g. pink floyd and prodigy as i heard it in the demonstration room myself.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="batonwielder"]I can't imagine it not being bright. For classical/jazz I would stay away from both Roksan and Monitor Audio. Try the Rega R3's with their own Brio 3. For less money you will have a better sounding system. You can also do better with the CD player or get quality cables.[/quote]

You could go for a 2nd hand Musical Fidelity a3.2 CDP which is a classy CDP. They do pop up on EBay fairly often and usually go for around £400 if you can stretch to that.

batonwielder

May 13, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="naim is holmes"]
well trust me batonwielderÿthe systemÿsounds good mainly with e.g. pink floyd and prodigy as i heard it in the demonstration room myself.
[/quote]

So what's the problem?

crusaderlord

Apr 29, 2008
Visit site
If you like what you hear for your money then go with it.......however if you are asking for opinions i would definately take the Arcam CD73 over the Marantz. The Arcam is now selling for just under £300 at the moment until supplies run out at places like Sevenoaks Hi-Fi and Superfi............I auditioned both CD players extensively late last year and the Arcam which was a £450 machine a week or so ago is far better quality and seems a relative bargain at the current price.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="naim is holmes"]

And

Total = £1570
[/quote]

I think you could do better for the price, although if they sound very good to your ears....why not!

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Thaiman"][quote user="naim is holmes"]

And

Total = £1570
[/quote]

I think you could do better for the price, although if they sound very good to your ears....why not![/quote] You can get RS6s for around £550 brand new - without too much trouble. The Marantz disc spinner is £200 at Richer Sounds. I don't know about the Kandy - although I reckon there is better for the money.

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
I managed to get my RS6s for £440 ex-dem (worth phoning round a couple of dealers to find out...) and I find them wonderful partnered with my Naim amps which are also considered bright (I prefer bright sounding kit as my room is quite heavily soft-furnished which tends to "dull" most neutral speakers).

If you have a sparse listening room with a laminate/wood floor then they may be a tad too bright. Something worth considering...

A

Anonymous

He isnt even going to be buying this kit for 2 years, he must of come on these forums in the last week with about 30 different combinations of systems picked of the top of his head.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts