what cables?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hey guys! Just before i go buy my new system (5.1), i wanted to know what cable i should look at getting. I have approx £200 for cables but with soo many choices im confused on what i should get. I need approx 25-30m of cable and a nice sub cable with banana plugs. Any help would be great!

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
Without knowing what kit you're planning on buying, it's hard to recommend. No point in pairing some Nordost or Van Den Hul cabling with a budget receiver is there?

For speaker cable, you can't go wrong with either Van Damme Blue 2.5mm or their HiFi 2.5mm cable. Then fit some banana plugs yourself, again no need to spend loads as they're there for convenience only and don't affect the signal. I use both cables in my own systems along with some Clearer Audio Copper Alpha (also recommended but more expensive).

I use a QED subwoofer cable myself as it's a compact cable.

If you're after good quality cabling for not much ££, I can highly recommend MarkGrantCables. He advertises in the magazine and uses excellent quality cable and terminations and should be able to knock up some speaker cable and a custom sub cable. He sells Belden speaker cable which is 3mm which is more than enough copper. I have a few of his cables in my two systems and can highly recommend him for both the quality of the stuff he sells and his service.

A

Anonymous

Im planning on gettin the 2310 and Q acoustics 2000's ( will upgrade when funds allow) But the info you've given is much appreciated! Im having a look as i type :)

A

Anonymous

QED micro rear, QED silver front and then Mark grant cables for everthing else.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts