What are your album(s) of the day regardless of format??

Page 16 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
On my 60th birthday a few weeks back, my kids splashed out on this 14 disc retrospective for me ...

30406771_sa.jpg;canvasHeight=550;canvasWidth=642

Truly wonderful, a great package that I'm working my way through slowly but surely. A unique talent, I can remember being deeply upset when he passed away back in the early 80's. One of the best live experiences of my concert going life.

toyota man

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
My Son Gave me a 5 disc boxed set there are some tracks of pure genius

Deuce-Calling Card-Fresh Evidence-Jinx- Top Priority . I am sure most of you have heard him but there are some like me who are a bit behind the curve

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
toyota man said:
My Son Gave me a 5 disc boxed set there are some tracks of pure genius

Deuce-Calling Card-Fresh Evidence-Jinx- Top Priority . I am sure most of you have heard him but there are some like me who are a bit behind the curve

thumbs_up.gif

I saw Rory Gallagher live several times before he sadly passed away far too early. An absolute colossus of blues rock guitarists, no one else working in that genre can hold a candle to him in my humble opinion. It's no wonder the Rolling Stones wanted him to replace Mick Taylor. Rory wanted to plough a solo career ahead of the undoubted riches that being in the Stones would bring, and Ronnie Wood got the gig.

toyota man

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
I did't realise he had so much material , I am listening to the 1st one out of the bag which happens to be Rory Gallagher and on first listen I already like it, I heard him do a live set for John Peele in the 70s and liked what I heard but never followed it up , I am loving him now its like discovering a new band and what a band

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
toyota man said:
I did't realise he had so much material , I am listening to the 1st one out of the bag which happens to be Rory Gallagher and on first listen I already like it, I heard him do a live set for John Peele in the 70s and liked what I heard but never followed it up , I am loving him now its like discovering a new band and what a band

Check out his Irish Tour '74. At the time it was an extremely brave venture as no bands were touring the North because of the troubles. I remember when Tony Wilson introduced him on Granada TV during the height of punk, and he referred to Rory as "a man who never sold out, so he stills sells out". How true.

Leeps

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Cheating, not an album really, but a fantastic documentary. If you like Bossa Nova, you have to check this out on BBC iPlayer;

The Girl from Ipanema: Brazil, Bossa Nova and the beach.

Leeps

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Ryuichi Sakamoto - A Day in New York

with Jaques & Paula Morelenbaum

Mainly modern takes on the Carlos Antonio Jobim songbook. Appropriately Brazilian.

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Rafael Sotomayor - Hang the Beat .

https://open.spotify.com/track/4QsvxCTRRQ3mxqC51RtJXW

Highly addictive unusual music and an utterly superb recording bordering on perfect !

Infiniteloop

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Jacques Loussier Trio with string Orchestra: Mozart Piano Concertos 20 & 23. - A Jazz version of a couple of Mozart's sublime piano concertos.

I just got hold of this, but it dates back to 2005. The Sound Quality is fantastic and the playing and re-interpretation fantastic. - Why can't all discs sound like this?

Beautiful string tone, tuneful and fat bass, dynamic percussion and liquid, lyrical piano playing.

A really great disc to show what your system can do. *i-m_so_happy*

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts