What are you listening to?

Page 510 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
51zFo%2BodH-L._SY450_.jpg

New Model Army - `Thunder And Consolation` CD. My favourite NMA album. There are a few, and I do mean a few songs that I never get tired of, the track `Green and Grey` is one of those.

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
Been listening to XFM radio this afternoon. They played the latest track by a new band I rather like called Dios Mio. Song is called `Stories` and I love it! In fact if you go to XFM`s home page the song link is right there. Very modern, very classy and the lead singers voice is rather `dreamy`. Think I might have a new favourite! :)

MrReaper182

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
I'm listening to the album Vinland saga by symphonic metal band Leaves' Eyes. Great album, it is probably my favorite by the band. I love the song Elegy but all the songs are fantasic. A true clasic of the symphonic metal genre.

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
MrReaper182 said:
I'm listening to the album Vinland saga by symphonic metal band Leaves' Eyes. Great album, it is probably my favorite by the band. I love the song Elegy but all the songs are fantasic. A true clasic of the symphonic metal genre.

Got this one and as you say a very good album. You`ve reminded me I haven`t played it in awhile!

MrReaper182

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
survivor said:
MrReaper182 said:

Got this one and as you say a very good album. You`ve reminded me I haven`t played it in awhile!

So your a symphonic metal fan then, that's cool. Yes Vinland is a great album. Whats your favorite symphonic metal album? Mine is the album Once by Nightwish.

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
MrReaper182 said:
survivor said:
MrReaper182 said:

So your a symphonic metal fan then, that's cool. Yes Vinland is a great album. Whats your favorite symphonic metal album? Mine is the album Once by Nightwish.

Hi MrReaper, sorry not got back to you sooner, I`ve been away for a few days.

Favourite symphonic metal album? Had to think about this and guess what? Mine`s `Once` as well. I did have to think for a bit but taking everything into consideration it is a very strong album. In fact it was the track `Nemo` that really got me interested in the genre. I also like -

Nightwish - `Century Child`, `Dark Passion Play` and `Wishmaster`

Within Temptation - `Enter`, `Mother Earth` and `Silent Force`

Stream Of Passion - `Embrace The Storm` (masterminded by the brilliant Arjen Lucassen)

Epica - `The Phantom Agony` (love Simone Simons voice)

Anything by Pythia who feature Emily Ovenden from Medieaval Baebes and Celtic Legend and of course Leaves Eyes. I also like listening to After Forever and Deliain but haven`t actually purchased any albums by these two as yet.

If we were to go into Symphonic Power Metal then Rhapsody (now Rhapsody Of Fire), Luca Turilli and Kamelot are my current favourites. Mind you Rhapsody and Kamelot are quite different really.

So, who are your favourites?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts