What are you listening to?

Page 508 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
922796_10151630867380470_1862849039_n.jpg

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
I liked his live 7 Worlds Collide thing but I'm not much enamoured otherwise. I like some Crowded House, and I thought he was good on one of those Songwriters Circle things, mind...

MrReaper182

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
survivor said:
MrReaper182 said:
I'm listening to the new album Broken cown halo by Italin symphonic metal band Lacuna Coil. Lots of lush melodies over the heavy guitar riffs.

Hello MrReaper! Nice to hear Lacuna Coil get a mention. Have you got/heard `In A Reverie`?

No I do not own that album and I have never heard it. I own Unleashed Memories and all the albums after. Lacuna Coil are one of my all time favorite bands.

MrReaper182

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
I am listening to the Simply world music boxset CD number 2 which is called African moves and as you can probably guess it is music from all over the African continent. I am on track 9 which is called Nsalfik by Cheb Sahraoui & Chabba Fadela. I love listening to other counties music and getting a flavor of the culture though the music. This is a beautiful sounding CD and sounds very nice though my hi-fi separates system.

MrReaper182

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
I am listening to The best of Ladysmith Black Mambazo which are a South African group. They sing in Isicathamiya which is traditional style the Zulu sing in. They are no musical instruments in a lot of their songs instead they use vocal melody to create musical sounds while singing. It is very beautiful stuff indeed.

MrReaper182

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
I've just listened to The very best of The Pogues (I do seem to like my best of albums) The Pogues mix Folk and punk music together very well indeed. The last song Waltzing Metilda is a beautiful but sad song. It is about Australian World War one soldiers going off to fight in the Battle of Gallipoli against the Turks and most of them dying or getting body parts blown off and then years down the line future generations forgeting the sacrifices they had made for their freedoms.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts