What are you listening to?

Page 507 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

MrReaper182

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
I am listening to the album Ghost reveries by progressive metal band Opeth. There are extreme metal vocals from lead singer and guitarist Mikeal but he also sings on the album and boy does he have one beautiful singing voice. My system is doing a wonderful job of picking up all the detail in thoses complex guitar riffs.

MrReaper182

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
After that loud and complex metal album by Opeth I decided I needed to listen to something mellower, so I am now listening to Inbetween dreams by Jack Johnson. Jack plays acoustic guitar beautifully and my system makes it seem like he is playing in the room with me. Beautiful stuff.

matthewpiano

4118Z9QPTPL._AA160_.jpg
10CC - Bloody Tourists

61U5pohBP7L._AA160_.jpg
The Alan Parsons Project - I Robot

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
220px-Beach_House_-_Bloom.jpg

Beach House - `Bloom` cd One of those albums you`d struggle to pick out the single releases if you didn`t already know. There`s just too many strong contenders.

MrReaper182

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
Now I am listening to the album Brand new second hand by Roots Manuva who is one Britain's best rappers. This is not the sort of rubbish rap music you hear in the top 40, no this is hip-hop done right. Most of today's hip-hop music sucks but Roots poves why if you want good hip-hop music with intelligent lyrics you have to look to the underground scene.

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
MrReaper182 said:
I'm listening to the new album Broken cown halo by Italin symphonic metal band Lacuna Coil. Lots of lush melodies over the heavy guitar riffs.

Hello MrReaper! Nice to hear Lacuna Coil get a mention. Have you got/heard `In A Reverie`?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts