What are you listening to?

Page 512 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
41AR8SYDQML.jpg

All About Eve - `Return To Eden Vol:1 The Early Recordings` CD. For me this band where a bright ray of hope during a time of falling songwriting standards in the late 80`s. (Or at least in the official top 40 world of music)

MrReaper182

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
survivor said:
41AR8SYDQML.jpg

All About Eve - `Return To Eden Vol:1 The Early Recordings` CD. For me this band where a bright ray of hope during a time of falling songwriting standards in the late 80`s. (Or at least in the official top 40 world of music)

I love All About Eve. They were great at mixing folk music and the 80's goth sound together.

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
MrReaper182 said:
survivor said:
41AR8SYDQML.jpg

I love All About Eve. They were great at mixing folk music and the 80's goth sound together.

Yeah, that`s a decent description. Sadly their star shone all too briefly. Debut album was a cracker. I was gutted when Tim Bricheno left after the second album, he was a very talented/innovative guitarist. Oh well.

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
51A-897ZEvL._SP160,160,0,T_.jpg

Tori Amos - `Under The Pink` CD. Haven`t listened to much Tori lately. Reviews for her new album sound very promising so I might have to give that a listen when I get the chance.

MrReaper182

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
I am listening to the best Rap album ever made which is The graduate by MC lars. It is a very funny album with intelligent lyrics. He got a song on the album called Ahab which is about captain Ahab's pursuit of sperm whale Moby ****. Its the album I put on the hi-fi separates system when people when they tell me that they don't like rap music because they think it is rubbish with no intelligent lyrics to prove how very wrong they are.

MrReaper182

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
I'm listening to the album The dreadful hours by British doom metal band My Dying Bride. Fantastic album and it has my favorite MY Dying Bride song on the album which is called The raven and the rose. All metal fans should have a copy of this album in their collection.

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
MrReaper182 said:
I'm listening to the album The dreadful hours by British doom metal band My Dying Bride. Fantastic album and it has my favorite MY Dying Bride song on the album which is called The raven and the rose. All metal fans should have a copy of this album in their collection.

I`ve got `Turn Loose The Swans`, `Like Gods Of The Sun` and `Songs of Darkness...`. Good band. I shall give your recommendation a listen.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Electro said:
Ernest Ranglin – 54-46 (Was My Number)

and

Ernest Ranglin – Surfin'

I recently reminded myself about Ernest Ranglin on another thread so I just dug out the Cd "below the bassline " that these tracks come from an played it :)

I'm currently listening to the "Below The Bassline" album on Spotify, after listening to Electro's "Surfin'" track on the AVForums playlist.

Great stuff, very melodic with a splendid bassline underpinning everything.

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
MrReaper182 said:
survivor said:
61fUz6Ly3CL._SX450_.jpg

Spirogyra - `A Canterbury Tale`-Anthology Double CD.

I've no idea who that band are or what they sound like but judging by that cover it looks like something I'll enjoy.

You might well do Mr R. I`ve noticed by your selections you have a broad musical palette. Genre is Acid-Folk. There are some great `drift away` tracks particularly on songs where Barbara Gaskin takes lead vocal. Martin Cockerham`s voice might be an acquired taste to some but I think it fits the music very well. They only made three albums and if I was you I`d go on you tube and start with the third one called `Bells, Boots and Shambles` and see what you think. Many years ago I knew someone with this album and it didn`t grab me but much later when I developed a greater appreciation of folk music in general I suddenly got it! This anthology by the way has all three albums plus some extras but can be quite hard to find nowadays at a decent price. Always like to listen to this sort of stuff and bands like Fairport Convention when the sun comes out!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts