What are you listening to?

Page 359 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
noogle said:
Have you heard Gillian Welch's "Time (The Revelator)"? My favourite album of hers, which I had on repeat for about six months.

Indeed, I have loved all of Gillian Welch's albums. Not to everyones taste, but I adore her.

It just seems strange that her new album was on Spotify, and then 2 days later nowhere to be seen. I can't fathom Spotify out at times.

A

Anonymous

Thievery Corporation - Culture of Fear - Trippin'!!!

HP Pavillion laptop, Sennheiser HD215's

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
cover.gif
cover.gif

Apologies this ain't worked, since the upgrade i've struggled to post thing depending on which computer i'm on.

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
thepierces.jpg

The Pierces - `You`ll Be Mine` CD EP. Can`t stop playing this one. Earlier I played it four times in a row on the headphones! I very rarely do that. Easily my song of the summer so far.

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
queen1.jpg

Queen - `Queen` New 2cd remaster.

Aaaaaargh.....! Great, great, great. Who on earth designed these cd cases? I`ve just wrecked the booklet trying to get it out of the case. CD cases are bad enough already without adding extra tabs to keep the booklet in place. This is from the box set which cost me nearly £60 as well. Not happy.

On the plus side the album sounds very good.

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
survivor said:
anightattheopera.jpg

Queen - `A Night At The Opera` New 2cd remaster. You could take off `Bohemian Rhapsody` and it would still be a great album.
Even better, get the 30th anniversary edition with a 5:1 DTS version that works well with Queen's operatic style and is currently nearly £3.00 less on Amazon. The Prophet's Song particularly recommended.

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
Lost Angeles said:
survivor said:
sheer.jpg

Queen - `Sheer Heart Attack` New 2cd remaster. By this stage Queen were getting seriously good.

I would say the opposite, they were going downhill.

Hi Lost, well that`s an interesting statement! I`m guessing you`re a big fan of the first two albums?

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
hammill said:
survivor said:
anightattheopera.jpg

Queen - `A Night At The Opera` New 2cd remaster. You could take off `Bohemian Rhapsody` and it would still be a great album.
Even better, get the 30th anniversary edition with a 5:1 DTS version that works well with Queen's operatic style and is currently nearly £3.00 less on Amazon. The Prophet's Song particularly recommended.

Hi hammill, I do own the 30th anniversary edition and yes it is very good indeed. I don`t really need the latest remaster but it was in the box set of the first five albums and I thought I might as well give it a spin. Regarding `The Prophets Song`, back in my school days a couple of guys used to run a Friday lunchtime record playing session (for want of a better description)in the school hall. One Friday I took in my vinyl copy of `Night At The..` and the track he played was `The Prophets Song` which he described as the best thing they had ever done. The reason this album is in my top ten of all time is the sheer variety with `Prophets Song` playing a big part in adding to that variety. All the best.

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
survivor said:
Lost Angeles said:
survivor said:
sheer.jpg

Queen - `Sheer Heart Attack` New 2cd remaster. By this stage Queen were getting seriously good.

I would say the opposite, they were going downhill.

Hi Lost, well that`s an interesting statement! I`m guessing you`re a big fan of the first two albums?

I bought the first four on vinyl, but I've only played the first two in the last 20 years.

I have to say though that I'm off to see We Will Rock You in a few weeks, I saw an amateur production a few years ago and did enjoy all the songs. Shame none of the best songs from Queen II were featured.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Alas, no pics as typing this out on my Desire, but today it's been a whole lot of 'Porcupine Tree - In Absentia' with a bit of 'Meshuggah - Catch 33' thrown in for good measure.

TRENDING THREADS