What are you listening to?

Page 361 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

tifosi20002008

Oct 2, 2008
Visit site
Really gotten into the Avett Brothers lately since hearing them on Radio 2 (Thanks Ken Bruce) I have bought several of their albums.

Stand out tracks for me are. I and love and you & Road full of promise and a head full of doubt from the I and love and you album. Stirring stuff.

Shame and will you return. from the Emotionalism album.

michael hoy

6042447165_a011e6f3df.jpg

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
gentle.jpg

Glen Campbell - `Gentle On My Mind`/`By The Time I Get To Phoenix` 2 on 1 cd.

I do like these two albums on one cd sets. Many old albums were very short so it makes sense to put two on one. Saves shelf space and money.
With an artist like Glen Campbell it`s too easy to just buy a `Best Of` collection and be done with it. I like to collect studio albums and always hope to find a lost gem or two. Well, the track that stands out from the `Gentle..` album is Glen`s version of Roy Orbison`s `It`s Over`. Not saying anything could ever touch the original but this really is a fantastic vocal by Glen and well worth seeking out.

Looking forward to the next release which puts his `Galveston` and `Wichita Lineman` albums together.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
matthewpiano said:
Some of the discs I've been enjoying this week:

51l8o6QKg%2BL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Nice choice, I love this album. I've got the Island Remasters CD and its my favourite JM. The interplay between JM and Danny Thompson in particular was superb. "Glistening Glyndebourne" sublime.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts