What are you listening to?

Page 43 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Drummerdave:Big Chris:Drummerdave:Wild Billy Childish and the Buff Medways - Steady the BuffsLiquid Tension Experiment - 2 Deerhoof - Offend MaggieI haven't got any L.T.E albums, despite being a massive Dream Theater fan. What are they like? I was worried they'd cross the line from prog excellence to total toss.Oh yeah. Listening to this as it was delivered today.
999638.jpg
Just got it today Chris and sounds pretty damn good. Haven't heard much Dream Theatre myself but I'm aware of their musical prowess - bought the cd because, being a bit of a Crimson fan, I like Tony Levin's bass playing (saw them live in the Royal Albert Hall in their double trio configuration with Bruford drumming - twas excellent). LTE is more accessible than I'd imagined, if a tad noodly in places - a ton of good riffs though.That new cd of yours looks....gulp....a bit heavy.

A bit heavy? LOL

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
Drummerdave:Big Chris:Drummerdave:Wild Billy Childish and the Buff Medways - Steady the Buffs Liquid Tension Experiment - 2 Deerhoof - Offend Maggie I haven't got any L.T.E albums, despite being a massive Dream Theater fan. What are they like? I was worried they'd cross the line from prog excellence to total toss. Oh yeah. Listening to this as it was delivered today.
999638.jpg
Just got it today Chris and sounds pretty damn good. Haven't heard much Dream Theatre myself but I'm aware of their musical prowess - bought the cd because, being a bit of a Crimson fan, I like Tony Levin's bass playing (saw them live in the Royal Albert Hall in their double trio configuration with Bruford drumming - twas excellent). LTE is more accessible than I'd imagined, if a tad noodly in places - a ton of good riffs though. That new cd of yours looks....gulp....a bit heavy.

Heavy? Pah, lightweight. If you want something heavy then try this!

2561.jpg

Manowar - Kings Of Metal (cd)

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Drummerdave:Big Chris:Drummerdave:Wild Billy Childish and the Buff Medways - Steady the Buffs

Liquid Tension Experiment - 2

Deerhoof - Offend Maggie

I haven't got any L.T.E albums, despite being a massive Dream Theater fan. What are they like? I was worried they'd cross the line from prog excellence to total toss.

Oh yeah. Listening to this as it was delivered today.

999638.jpg

Just got it today Chris and sounds pretty damn good. Haven't heard much Dream Theatre myself but I'm aware of their musical prowess - bought the cd because, being a bit of a Crimson fan, I like Tony Levin's bass playing (saw them live in the Royal Albert Hall in their double trio configuration with Bruford drumming - twas excellent). LTE is more accessible than I'd imagined, if a tad noodly in places - a ton of good riffs though.

That new cd of yours looks....gulp....a bit heavy.

It's quite heavy, but kind of tongue in cheek. 'Dethklok' are a cartoon band a la Gorrilaz, from a cartoon show called 'Metalocalypse'. Only seen a few clips of the show, it's a bit Spinal Tap.

A

Anonymous

Sorry this is a bit late,I was just browsing thru` this forum and found your post.

I am fairly new to the download generation, please tell me how to download onto CD`s or computer.

Thanks

A

Anonymous

We_Sing,_We_Dance,_We_Steal_Things_Official_Cover.jpg

Listening to "I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz

It's worth a listen, sounds nice on my system

A

Anonymous

survivor:fast eddie:This seems to work on another forum i'm on, so maybe it will here.

Sorry Eddie I just don`t think it`s working.
Oh well. just have to have the occasional reply!

I'm listening to Loudon Wainwright III 'Career moves' again. I think its my favourite album.

A

Anonymous

Drummerdave:Wild Billy Childish and the Buff Medways - Steady the Buffs
Deerhoof - Offend Maggie

need to listen to Deerhoof again once i replace theneedle on the TT. also have a feeling i need to give Billy Childish a go too, but i can't remember where i know the name from.

T

the record spot

Currently, Thin Lizzy "Live & Dangerous", original release CD. Previous to that, Santana's "Moonflower" live album (well, in part) and Wings "Band On The Run" - again they're both original discs I picked up recently. They all sound good, but especially the Santana album.

Drummerdave

Dec 4, 2007
Visit site
the record spot:Currently, Thin Lizzy "Live & Dangerous", original release CD. Previous to that, Santana's "Moonflower" live album (well, in part) and Wings "Band On The Run" - again they're both original discs I picked up recently. They all sound good, but especially the Santana album.

That's a good Santana album - I've got it on vinyl, sounds great.

Drummerdave

Dec 4, 2007
Visit site
Big Chris:
Liftyrskinnyfists.jpg

Godspeed You Black Emperor! Didn't know you were into post-rock Chris. Saw them live a few years back being supported by Sigur Ros - great gig.....all those atmoshperic crescendos, class.

Garth Man

Dec 1, 2008
Visit site
Godspeed are frigging awsome, i sooooooooo wish they would get back togtehr again and do some new epics and gigs

so missed

Sigur Ros are fantasic though not very keen on those last 2 Albums that are a bit to lullaby sounds

Saw them recently at Aleaxndra Palace, were good but have seem them play much better and have a better light show at the Brixton Academy or Apollo.

Godspeed!!!

Currently listening to Beware of Safety
covercopyblackbackbo7.jpg

russ74

Mar 6, 2008
Visit site
20071216-steve-miller-sailor-album-cover.jpg
Steve Miller Band - Sailor (1968)Forgot to post an answer to Survivor in the best decade thread but my favourite Grateful Dead album of the far to few I own is Live/Dead. I love the extended jams they and the other SF bands did live.

A

Anonymous

JJ Cale Anyway the wind blows/The anthology

Dr Feelgood Singles,The UA years

9 below zero Doing their homework.

Drummerdave

Dec 4, 2007
Visit site
Wild Billy Childish and The Buff Medways - Steady the Buffs

Mogwai - 4 Satin ep

Fudge Tunnel - Hate Songs in E Minor

Public Image Limited - Metal Box

John Martyn - Cooltide

Joy Division - Unknown Pleasures

T

the record spot

Genesis' "The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway" from the 1970-1975 SACD boxset. So far, it's one of the best SACD albums I've heard. Period. "Trespass" from the same set, is less impressive; seems to be all at one flat level, so there is a net dynamic loss IMO. Still, good, but "The Lamb..." is just superb.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts